K10 wheels/tyres query

hi all

in my quest to make my K10 look a bit less OAP I have been looking for some interesting wheels to replace the stock steels that are on it atm.

I have seen some alloy wheels, and I'm guessing they are a bit wider than my steels, but bit confused about tyre sizes....

my steels are fitted with 155/70/13 tyres and the wheels I have seen have 195/55/13 tyres fitted to them. using an online tyre size calculator that would give a -2mm difference in diameter.

question is - if I get the alloys, do I stick with the 195/55s or could I swap my current tyres onto them? (my guess is they would be too skinny). really not sure how wide a wheel needs to be before different tyres are needed.........

any advice much appreciated

all depends on the the wheel width. But with a profile of 70 (70% of the width of the tyre) they will look a bit gash. but for a comparison. I'm running 7inch wide wheels with 165/55/13's on.

155 / 100 x 70 = 108.5mm

195 / 100 x 55 = 107.25mm

So your speedo wont be affected by much but really need to know the width and offset of the wheels to tell you what tyre would be best.

thanks for the response - tried to message you but not sure it worked....found out today that the wheels are 13x5.5" with an offset of 36. would the tyres on the alloys already work on my K10 or would I need some other size? (they are renault wheels btw, which seem to be the only other car brand with a similar centre bore). thanks :)

195's on a 5.5j wheel? Christ haha, suprised they even fitted. Standard micra steels are 5 or 5.5 inch wide. the 155/70/13's will fit fine. Also with that offset they would work fine with the original 195 tyres. Just look out for them touching the inner arch.

thanks for the advice - youve been a great help (the alloys I'm looking at are renault 5 turbos - not sure why they have such a different tyre size...). thanks again :)

to be honest, after looking at the wheels several times, I'm not sure they would look right on the K10 anyway - if only I had the money for some minilites :)

Back