micra k12 1.2 battery light flashing when accelerating :s help!

hi all

for about a month now iv noticed when i accelerate heavily the red battery light flashes on the dashboard, in the last few days it doesnt flash when accelerating it stays on permanently but when i back off the power it goes off. iv put a multi meter across the battery and its around 12v with engine off please help.

cheers frank, is this reader like a diagnostic computer or does it just give codes, where wud i go to see what the codes mean if i get one?

There's a tiny area where then LCD's gone a bit spidery and weird :).

cheers for that got the multi meter on the battery, idling voltage is 14.17, 12.9 without the engine running. im tempted to say it may be a belt only because the light only comes on when i accelerate. n e ideas?

Those voltage readings seem OK. Is the belt adjusted correctly? If it wasnt you may get slippage but I'm sure you would hear the usual noise

ta for that mate to be honest iv noticed a sort of scratching noise coming from around the alternator belt area n when i first start the car from cold i get a squeak that lasts for maybe a second

ta for that mate to be honest iv noticed a sort of scratching noise coming from around the alternator belt area n when i first start the car from cold i get a squeak that lasts for maybe a second

problem solved :) popped into nissan dealership on way home from work and toldem the problem, diagnosed as a loose or worn alternator belt. thanks everyone for the help.

Back