HELP - Airbag light flashing

Hi guys, brought my micra off my college and it's had the airbag light on the dash flashing. It's done it since he's had it he says it's a faulty sensor..

I need to get this sorted before the end of September 14' as the MOT is due then..

I don't have a diagnostic reader and the garage want to charge me £45 just to see what it is..

Can anyone help me?

Even better any know 'a mate' that can pass you an MOT for a little extra in a radius of 60 miles from Chelmsford, Essex..

The car is 2002 K11 3 door with only drivers airbag.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Managed to reset it first time!! :D

For anyone else:

There is a procedure on the Nissan you can use to reset the light - and it is as follows :

a) Switch OFF the radio & Ignition
(b) Turn Ignition ON (Position II)
(c) The airbag warning light will stay on for 7 seconds and then switch off – as soon as it does
turn OFF the ignition (within 1 second of the light switching off)
(d) Wait at least 5 seconds
(e) Repeat steps (a) to (c) two more times – this is important to make sure it registers with
different modules in the car
(f) Turn ON ignition, wait 2 seconds
(g) Switch OFF Ignition (Position 0) and wait 1 second
(h) Switch ignition back ON.
(i) Airbag light will remain off so long as there are no other faults otherwise it will come on again - and then you should have it diagnosed properly to ensure the system works .

Managed to reset it first time!! :D

For anyone else:

There is a procedure on the Nissan you can use to reset the light - and it is as follows :

a) Switch OFF the radio & Ignition
(b) Turn Ignition ON (Position II)
(c) The airbag warning light will stay on for 7 seconds and then switch off – as soon as it does
turn OFF the ignition (within 1 second of the light switching off)
(d) Wait at least 5 seconds
(e) Repeat steps (a) to (c) two more times – this is important to make sure it registers with
different modules in the car
(f) Turn ON ignition, wait 2 seconds
(g) Switch OFF Ignition (Position 0) and wait 1 second
(h) Switch ignition back ON.
(i) Airbag light will remain off so long as there are no other faults otherwise it will come on again - and then you should have it diagnosed properly to ensure the system works .
This worked for me just now :)

Back