Micra k10 0-60

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
does anyone have the "official" 0-60 times for the k10's? both ma10 and ma12 4 and 5 speed variants. i don't want peoples guesstimates i need the official book figures, checked parkers but they don't have the k10 time from what i can see.

need to see how accurate the time i recorded last night was... after i fitted the bike carbs :p

the book 0-60 for an ma10 is 15.

ma12 is 13.

the super s is 14.somthing

thats only from memory tho. there a thread on here somewhere with all the exact times on. (Y)

aye i did run a search but found nowt, i recall the times were in the teens which makes the fact my ma10 did a 0-60 in roughly 10 rather good, need it timed correctly really

sounds good. did you use the standrd speedo tho? there nearly always out. my standrd ma10 does 0-60 in like 12 seconds according to the speedo! lol

aye they are usually quite out but the gps confirmed the speedo was correct it running on 15"s which does seem to make the speedo more accurate on the k10 lol

Those times seem rather slow....:glance: I'm gonna go out and see if i can beat that! :laugh:.....on my private road (Y)

lol! the ma10 is actualy nearer 16. 15.9 is the exact.

book speeds:
1.0 15.9
1.2 SUPER S 14.5
1.2 13.3

i need an ma12 lol

cracking cheers dave, that puts my 10/11 seconds into perspective.

had a 1.0 gsx follow me last night and i gave it some welly left him for dust, when i asked if he was trying he said he had his foot to the floor :p my k10 really is quick now. its just hard for me to judge sometimes how quick it is as I'm so used to the quickness of my mr2 :p

you don't need an ma12 mate you need some cbr600 bike carbs then you can #### all over an ma12 and a stock cg13 for that matter! :p

i went for a drive last night on some private roads and although the 0-60 is impressive whats more impressive is the 70-90 time its truly amazing gonna have to get the beats down to santa pod soon and see what sort of 1/4 miles it can do.

you don't need an ma12 mate you need some cbr600 bike carbs then you can #### all over an ma12 and a stock cg13 for that matter! :p

CG13, i doubt it. Carbs alone wont add 25bhp. I think if you were lucky you might get a 17/18sec 1/4

slightly off the topic, conisdering a K10 988cc 4 speed.

Changing to bike carbs
Changing inlet and outlet maifolds to the ones like arnold was selling
Putting in a 5 speed gear box
And also adding an airfilter and performance exhaust....

would this nearly double the bhp of the k10??

it would make a significant increase but i wouldnt expect it to be doubled.

lol i would of had those carbs but you just got there first speedle lol.
i was actualy filling in paypal details when i checked back and they had been sold to you! :)

the bike carb setup including carbs and manifold was £230 you can fit a k11 janspeed to the k10 with a little work which would be alot cheaper than having a custom one made although as i've never done this i can on speculate as to the improvement it could make. but as for cost your probably looking at about the £500 mark. you'd want a nice cam in there as well...

peitro's k10 was some where around the 94bhp mark IIRC not sure if that was WHP for at the fly tho, that was on twin webbers and various other tweaks, exhaust manifold cams etc.

90bhp isnt an unreasonable figure for the ma10 but would need a fair bit of dosh to do, then you have to worry about if the gear box would hold out.... which it wont :p however i do have a solution to that problem but I'm keeping that under wraps until I've proven it works ;)

just checked Pietro's is 94bhp at the fly which is an impressive gain from a 60bhp at the fly car ;) personally id expect the bike carb setup to be better than the webbers but time will tell on that one

what about the sunny carb speedle? what were the gains like on that?

i wouldn't say it gave the car a huge amount of power but the power certainly felt to be in a better place. it made motorway driving alot easier and pulling out at junctions, for the £15 it cost me it was well worth it tho mate id say it definalty gave it a good few HP but mainly made the acceleration alot smoother and lots more responsive.

i wouldn't like to guess the extra BHP from it as i'd no doubt get a slating, but being the only person (as far as i know) to ever try it i feel im the only one who can honestly say what difference it made, and it was a vast improvement.

id recommend it to anyone

just out of interest- I did a bit of searching when I got mine and i found a 0-60 of 14.1 secs for it.

I whipped in a crappy (and probarly inaccurate) G-Tech meter and clocked a 14.3 on a private road. Its the only time my K10's been revved hard in its life I think! :)

the bike carb setup including carbs and manifold was £230 you can fit a k11 janspeed to the k10 with a little work which would be alot cheaper than having a custom one made although as i've never done this i can on speculate as to the improvement it could make.

Nearly finished fitting the manifold mate, should have the ports all sealed the weekend as its leaking on ports 2-3 and the exhaust system is a bit of a bodge to say the least but will be side exited and sealed before modded uk, even so the improvement is quite substantial.

Watch this space for more k11 bits ill be swapping over lol. :devil:

micra bhp's are

1.0 40 at wheels
1.2 45 at wheels

mine on carbs with a seriously blowing exhaust got 74bhp at wheels

mat we need to get ur manifold sorted i was thinking about it again last night your putting that much in and it cant al be getting out with the standard manifold quicker we sort this the cam and head work the better.

also the sunny carb made urs run so much nicer. it made it a compfortable drive very good for somone doing serious miles.

mine on carbs with a seriously blowing exhaust got 74bhp at wheels
Not doubting that its just leaking right at the port so in effect the manifold really isnt working properly but on a private road the other night it was quite happily catching up with a 1.2 corsa b with lexus lights.

Back