Micra awkwardness

Is the micra one of those awkward cars to work with. I've just been defeated by a seized oil filter........

Literally no way to get a oil filter wrench around it. Only way I can see to get it out would be to get one of those oil filter grippers correct??

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Is the micra one of those awkward cars to work with. I've just been defeated by a seized oil filter........

Literally no way to get a oil filter wrench around it. Only way I can see to get it out would be to get one of those oil filter grippers correct??

Oil filters and the panhard rod have been the only things I've had issues with on mine, bar the normal rusty bolts etc. Buy an oil filter socket, 14 flute, 64mm. Same as Toyota and lexus

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yea I was going from underneath. I had no room for error when trying to get the chain on the tools around. I could get 1 arm but not 2. I must of just had a **** tool. I'm gna invest in a better one

Also I did try the screw driver way, but today was hot, I was hungry and I was just stressing lol. I had to stop

Yea I was going from underneath. I had no room for error when trying to get the chain on the tools around. I could get 1 arm but not 2. I must of just had a #### tool. I'm gna invest in a better one

Also I did try the screw driver way, but today was hot, I was hungry and I was just stressing lol. I had to stop

Those chain pricks are hopeless. Fiver on ebay for the good ones

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yea I was going from underneath. I had no room for error when trying to get the chain on the tools around. I could get 1 arm but not 2. I must of just had a #### tool. I'm gna invest in a better one

I usually find this is the best way. I had the same thing happen on my Mk1 Focus. I just hammered a screwdriver in and turned it from there :D Sometimes violence IS the answer.

I have a nylon strap tool (not strap on :oops:) that works quite well, once you've done the filter yourself they're not an issue, just don't got mad and tighten it too much

Chain & or strap wrench has always worked ok for me for many years on K10 & K11 Micras, although it is a bit of a one handed mission requiring enterprise to improvise, adapt & overcome the K11 oil filter confined space initiative test. Enjoy! (y)

Back