Metal Fuel Pipe "Bumps"

solarice

Ex. Club Member
right, ive been replacing the fuel lines as one was corroded badly and the others were on the way, after nissan said theyd be £30 each (from memory that sounds about right) and theres 3 pipes...i did what probably anyone else would do and proceeded to make my own.

Sourcing the pipe was actually easy and bending to match, not a problem even the installation went without any major dilemmas...until it came to putting the "bump" thats at each end of the pipes (bit that helps grip the hose against the clip so i cant slip off), somthing that ive tried to make a tool for without success, and limited resources hasnt helped matters...

Ive been tempted leave them straight as theres enough metal pipe in reserve at boths ends to have, say double the amount of fuel hose thats normally present (fixed over the metal pipe) and i cant see the fuel pressure making it all pop off...i can even double up the clips if needed.

or if anyone can point in the direction of the tool required (searching has only turned up brake flaring kits which dont do what i need).

if you've read this far, i thank you lol.

so opinions/ideas please. :)

if you cant find the proper kit, a brake pipe flaring tool would be better than nothing, at least you would have some kind of raised bump so the clip and hose dont come flying off

would you believe that screwfix direct do the flaring kit (brake and fuel) for around £25, I'm going to get one coz I've not long broke mine.

The flaring kits ive found, flare the pipe outwards...which could maybe cause it to score the inside of the hose aswel as make it hard to put on...maybe theres another attachment ive not seen though...

kristians thinking the same way iam...i cant see anyway of it causing a problem, if i double up the clips and keep the extra length as "just incase" coverage.

ive gotta go buy some other bits for the car anyway tomorrow, so i might have a word with the guy at the shop...as he seems to know his stuff :) incase he stocks somthing that'll do the job.

Back