Mesh Grill

L

lewis

Firstly, if I call any of these micras wrongly, I apologise, I'm just a newbie to this game! :laugh:

I have a micra which has a front like this :

NISSAN_MICRA_2.jpg

This is a facelift model, right?

My question is, has anybody actually changed the grill on one of these to a mesh? I'm wanting to do this but all I can find it guides on how to change the mesh on an older type micra. Does anybody have a step-by-step guide on how to do this? Or could you be kind enough to explain?

ie:

a_G106_-_Nissan-Micra-1000-K11.jpg

Thanks for your time!

Yea he does. You can do it, and it looks good. But to change to Pre-face lift would be a waste of time really mate.

Thanks for your replies guys :)

Hughes - Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for him :)

Titch - I want to do it on the facelift model mate, the 'whiskers' can only last so long! It's finding some help/guide/way of doing it thats the problem!

Titch said:
Yea he does. You can do it, and it looks good. But to change to Pre-face lift would be a waste of time really mate.

Titch im a bit in the dark about what is a pre face lift or non face lift....what is mine ? Is mine the one that a mesh grill would look good on ?

cheers

paddymarsden said:
Titch im a bit in the dark about what is a pre face lift or non face lift....what is mine ? Is mine the one that a mesh grill would look good on ?

cheers

Yours is a Facelift. Like mine :)

remember guys.. there are 2 versions of the 1st k11 ( slightly different grills ) , and two versions of the facelift K11 ( Different grills and headlights )...

i have a facelift micra one before yours i think. this is what i have done so far. they arn't finished yet as i'm planning on filling and painting the edges (like a primera GT).
picture.jpg

1.jpg

silver_si said:
i have a facelift micra one before yours i think. this is what i have done so far. they arn't finished yet as i'm planning on filling and painting the edges (like a primera GT).
View attachment 1791

View attachment 1792

Quality mate, could you tell me how you did it? If you have any pics that would be quality. If you do have any could you do me a BIG favour and email me them/post them here? My email is Lwigii @gmail.com

Looks minted by the way!

to change the whole grill you need to change the whole front end, and it should be in body section too - wings, bonnet, headlights - waste of money

Big_ben said:
to change the whole grill you need to change the whole front end, and it should be in body section too - wings, bonnet, headlights - waste of money
he's not wanting to change the front end, just wants to mesh his own grills. he was just pointing out that there is only a guide for the pre-facelift and not for the facelift.

the grill mesh was bought from santa pod japshow at one of the trade stands for £10. i think it's about £20 from halfords though!!!!
to do the same just remove the three nuts on the back which hold it in. the chrome part just simply clips off ( be careful not to brake anything ) then i attacked it with a hacksaw blade and trimed the rest with a craft knife and file. cut the mesh and it fits between the crome part and black part. then i melted the black part with a soldering gun so it clipped into the chrome part.
the crome surround does need filling and painting because if you look closely at the sides you can see where the bar was.
i've got to do my wife's car soon so i'll try and get some pictures as i'm doing it.

silver_si said:
he's not wanting to change the front end, just wants to mesh his own grills. he was just pointing out that there is only a guide for the pre-facelift and not for the facelift.

the grill mesh was bought from santa pod japshow at one of the trade stands for £10. i think it's about £20 from halfords though!!!!
to do the same just remove the three nuts on the back which hold it in. the chrome part just simply clips off ( be careful not to brake anything ) then i attacked it with a hacksaw blade and trimed the rest with a craft knife and file. cut the mesh and it fits between the crome part and black part. then i melted the black part with a soldering gun so it clipped into the chrome part.
the crome surround does need filling and painting because if you look closely at the sides you can see where the bar was.
i've got to do my wife's car soon so i'll try and get some pictures as i'm doing it.

Quality - I'm gonna try that and I'll let you know how I get on....got a couple of days off next week so heres hoping :grinning:

Some pics would be quality by the way!

hey dude im literally in the process this minute of doing it so ill take lots of pictures for you, hows that. will be done in an hour i reacon

Back