Mesh + grill = how?

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hey guys, got a simple & quick question. I was jsut wondering how have most of you guys got your mesh to stick on your open mouth grills?.

Iv FINALY finished making my grill, and i just need to place the mesh on it now, but i cant get my head around on how to get it to stick on.

I was thinking of just bending the mesh and trying to get it on tight to the grill...but i dont want it to fall off.

Any advice would be brilliant guys, as this is doing my head in, and i just want to finish it when i get in from work tonight!

Thanks again lads & Ladess's (Y)

What i did was drilled some holes in the bridges at the back of the grille and secured the mesh using wire tied through the holes on the grille and through the mesh.

oooh kk thanks lads, ill just have to try and do something..not to sure what..really dont want to go out and buy more stuff. im likeing the idea of drilling some holes and hooking it in them. Iv got like loads of resin and fiber glass and body filler left. could i use that? hmmm ideas be brewing!

Hot glue is the best way, sets in about 2 mins and is really good for just putting a big blob on and pushing the mesh into it. If it goes wrong it is easy to remove too :)

i hot glued little blocks of wood all around the inside edge of the grill (for more glueing area), then hot glued the mesh onto the wood, just make sure your mesh is a bit bigger than the opening.. will just go get a pic so you get what i mean :)

not great but you can kinda see..

PICT4311.jpg

i ended up bending it around the shape of the gap, then using 2 blocks of wood to wedge it in. extremly sturdy. Nothing like a good ol' bit of impatients to get the job done lol. If this method fails, then i think ill go with the glue gun. Thanks for you help though everyone!

Back