• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

'Melanie' the Ally.

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
Hello everyone, thought I'd make a post for my first Micra (and first car). Relatively clean inside and out, the only thing I've found so far is a heat shield rattle and a tendency to drink the petrol heftily (think that's the lambda sensor which I need to get checked). She's a '98 Ally 1.3 with PAS and SR (that'll be nice if the weather ever warms up! :grinning:) and only 61k miles on the clock to show for 13 years!

The only thing I've done so far is changed the hubcaps from the horrendously curbed stock ones to what's on it for now (alloys to follow later in the year maybe) and I've just ordered her a new head unit (Pioneer MVH-8200BT) to get rid of the old tape deck, skip CDs entirely and get started with Bluetooth and iPod music :laugh:.

I'm open to any suggestions anyone has for any ideas on what to do with her (nothing too rash like dropping a 2.0L in as the insurance is bad enough already at the minute :eek:) - I'm not big on bumpers etc, too bold for me. One thing I would like is to get a rev counter at some point, need to have a look in the scrappies. Here's a couple of pics for now:

358th1g.jpg

2i74eo4.jpg

mcbxxc.jpg

oppa2w.jpg

Evening Dave, tidy looking micra you have there mate, alloys are quite cheap these days off ebay. Don't throw that old tape deck just yet, does it work? if so I would be happy to buy it off you.

Cheers both, it does work pjg1979 but aren't the 98 onwards ones coded into the ECU or something? I know it's never asked for a code and it was in a garage with a dead battery for the best part of last year. I tried the lambda test with the pins next to the fuse box and I got 5 slow pulses and 5 fast pulses on ignition, however no engine light at all when the engine is running (which means it's running too rich from what I read on older threads on the board?) as it should be flashing when holding the revs?

Quick update because this blog feels neglected, just had a major service on this needed all the usuals.
Also needed pads and rear brake shoes but that was kind of expected, I've only just found out it hasn't had a major service since 2004! (Had oil and air filter since then afaik).

Then some dozy woman has scratched up the bumper reversing her car around her :down:
All getting sorted though, she's paying for the paintwork to be sorted at the same garage. Why can't people watch where they're going?!

Have been looking for a rev counter set of clocks for this but I have my eye on another Micra higher up the range, will see what happens there. :)

Back