Mazda3 mps V VW Golf GTI

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Both look quite bland but if its an all round performer you want, the GTI with the DSG transmission is the pick. They now have the 3 doors available as well which are cheaper and made in Germany (5 dr made in South Africa) if that means anything to you.

If keeping past the warrenty period, the Mazda would be the sensible pick. The VW's are great cars but don't have a reputation for the reliability the Japanese manufacturers boast about.

Me though, I'd go the VW. Purely because i feel they're better looking, nicer interior and they're made by the company which invented the hot hatch.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
took the mps for a test drive yesterday. they are deffinately very quick but power band is not very big. looks good, but i dont like the interior of the mps and also the way the speedo sits.

my preference is the gti because it just fells so much nicer, you sit in it and it feels like a better make car just sitting in it.
id go the gti. i would not get the dsg gearbox coz i like manuals a lot better. and dsg would be expensive to fix if it broke.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Brendon WROTE:

" i would not get the dsg gearbox coz i like manuals a lot better. and dsg would be expensive to fix if it broke.

Take it for a drive. Its amazing.

Oh and word has you'll be trying very hard to break the DSG. There's not a dodgey human operating the selections! ;)

3yr 100,000km warrenty.. You'd be nuts to go modifying it under warrenty.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yeah ill take em both for a drive. am i getting one i dont know yet. i need to see how financially viable it is first. is it worth it?

i will most likely end up going for something cheaper but ill see how i go. if i do get a new car wont be for few months anyway. then id have to order it

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
test drove the gti on the weekend. its pretty good. i liked it a lot.

pretty quick and although there is no lsd in the front i didnt get the front wheels spinning at all even though i did do a couple of hardish launches.
drives very very smooth and has a fair bit of grunt to it. pulls very nicely all through rev range. i liked it a lot.

cisco

» CMF Member
Get it get it get it

Attachments

• 25340.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 33

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Cisco the stirrer. But yes get it, get , get it.
I wonder who will be the first site member to log on with the new Micra ?
A whole new generation of Micra owners about to be born.
By the time we come back from Vietnam Nisssan will have either taken it off the market in Aussie or I will be able to buy like a 4wd turbo
firecracker.

Attachments

• 25341.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 32
Back