mazda mx-5 wheels.

little-ls

Ex. Club Member
right, i always thought these would fit, but they don't! their off a Mazda mx-5 eunos 1991.
i mock fitted them and seems they don't want to sit on the hub, any ideas on what i can do to them?

Pictures.

Its 59.1 is it not? its not a lot but .1 of a mm can be pretty important if tying to get two things to fit together.
Alternatively if you have enough stud you could fit spacers that move the wheel out past the spigot, 8mm is probably enough. The wheels would still center using the tapers on the nuts.

ahh, yup, i measured it, it's 59.1 :)
And i did try to get this cup off but to had no success, i need the wheel bearing cup remover.
and if i had spacers would i need longer wheel nuts? as where its stuck now it gives me about 4mm of thread to play with.
i still need to find a machine shop to bore them out...but its currently gone to get lowered and get my KYB shocks in. :)
as i didnt have the car, i sort of decorated one. not too keen on the colours yet...
heres a pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like the detailing, thats a cracking fresh take on these wheels. Looks best sans centre caps to me.

A half round file will get you there, or a grinding attatchment in a drill. Just make absolutely sure that you have cleared the hub spigot all the way round.

I going to get the gold Nissan stickers on the center caps or maybe the NISMO ones, but haven't ordered them yet.
ill get round to that once I'm 100% sure they fit.

I like the detailing, thats a cracking fresh take on these wheels. Looks best sans centre caps to me.

A half round file will get you there, or a grinding attatchment in a drill. Just make absolutely sure that you have cleared the hub spigot all the way round.

I got a flapper wheel on a drill when i did mine from a polo (just google flapper wheels to find out what i mean), if you get the bore clear they should fit ok

Steve

the half round file and the grinding drill attachment did nothing, apart from make the bore into a mirrored finish. done my head in so gave up, any idea on what shops sell the flapper wheel? its a deadly frustrating job. :(

rightttt, time for a update.
1st of all, thank you Steve! the flapper wheel worked a treat, even though it took 4 hours grinding. :)
picture time !
the beginning...

original bore hole.

after attacking with flapper wheel.

Primer.

Black paint.

silver detail V.S. gold detail? not sure, all matt black at the moment.

And on the car... bit too high at the moment, also bypartsby 35mm lowering springs have done nothing!
And it clanks over some corners, i think the back end needs looking at so might get coil assisters or KYB shocks for the back too.
:)

Rover/MG wheels will fit an mx5 straight swap so i guess, theyd fit a k10 if you alterd the centre bore ?? any body no of any reasons why they wouldnt ??? also old honda concerto's are identicle to rovers 214's/ 216's would they fit. anyother honda wheels fit ??

Looks nice (Y), i got some MX5 wheels on mine too. Does make the overall wheel diameter a fair bit bigger though compared to the original 13" even with 55 profile tyres, causing slightly slower acceleration :glare:.

Rover/MG wheels will fit an mx5 straight swap so i guess, theyd fit a k10 if you alterd the centre bore ?? any body no of any reasons why they wouldnt ??? also old honda concerto's are identicle to rovers 214's/ 216's would they fit. anyother honda wheels fit ??

I put 13" Honda Civic rims on mine. The Honda centre bore is smaller so I used 8mm spacers. Worked great on the front but required a little grinding on the rear (I did mine on the hub bore on the drum). Also makes the rims lug centric instead of hub centric so you need to be a bit more careful bolting on the rims.

13" Civic rims on the front and 12" Micra rims on the rear. Quite the size difference. I've since got the matching 13" rims on the rear.

i remember some scary driving experiences in my micra when i bought some 12's. never again am i using brakes in the wet with them lol, 13's are far better for handling in my opinion. :)

Does anyone know if the MX5 BBS wheels will fit? I presume they will since they were put on the same car and have the same dimensions..

I will have to do is bore out the center abit.

Back