maniflow system review

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
reet i got my maniflow manifold on my car now with a custom downpipe and maniflow cat back system. overall im very impressed, i was expecting lots of high end power without much difference low end but torque is much improved thoughout the rev range. I think i would be a bit disapointed if i bought the system new as its something ridiculous as 800 quid but since i payed 240 all together including a janspeed decat its well worth the money. putting the decat on at the weekend so well see how much it improves then. its so un believably smooth now and really quite, all you can hear is induction noise and thats exactly how i wanted it. it may have something to do with all the sound deadening ive put in but its very nice. this exhaust coupled with my susp setup( biltstein steetline kit, nismo top mounts with an omp strut brace with 7.5 by 15 wheels) its makes my car really fun to drive. i got a insurance qoute for a starlet turbo the other day and its 50 quid cheaper than im paying for the micra but im gonna keep the micra because i love it to bits. apart from a few bits and pieces (ive got some polyurethane wishbone bushes and rear brace to fit ) im gonna leave my everyday micra for now and concentrate on my project. overall im thrilled to bits with the exhasut and its well worth the money.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
reet i got my maniflow manifold on my car now with a custom downpipe and maniflow cat back system. overall im very impressed, i was expecting lots of high end power without much difference low end but torque is much improved thoughout the rev range. I think i would be a bit disapointed if i bought the system new as its something ridiculous as 800 quid but since i payed 240 all together including a janspeed decat its well worth the money. putting the decat on at the weekend so well see how much it improves then. its so un believably smooth now and really quite, all you can hear is induction noise and thats exactly how i wanted it. it may have something to do with all the sound deadening ive put in but its very nice. this exhaust coupled with my susp setup( biltstein steetline kit, nismo top mounts with an omp strut brace with 7.5 by 15 wheels) its makes my car really fun to drive. i got a insurance qoute for a starlet turbo the other day and its 50 quid cheaper than im paying for the micra but im gonna keep the micra because i love it to bits. apart from a few bits and pieces (ive got some polyurethane wishbone bushes and rear brace to fit ) im gonna leave my everyday micra for now and concentrate on my project. overall im thrilled to bits with the exhasut and its well worth the money.

hey "59bhp", just a quick question. my mate told me to go for a "maniflow manifold" over the "janspeed" one for a few reasons and just wondering where you got it from, if thats possible???

im not saying there is anything wrong with the "janspeed manifold", cause there isnt, that was my first choice, but just wondering where you got this one from, if that make sense???

cheers napster

Ian said:
janspeed is better for bang for buck.

yup

but there damn loud and raspy.

ive never heard one but i have been told that maniflows dont rasp like the janspeeds. can anyone confirm?

59 bhp is more than enough said:
i got this from mike who owned the NME road micra. that was installed when it was built. you can get them from maniflow itself. just google it and it will come up.

Thanks everybody.
was just wondering that was all. the reason i was asking about the "maniflow manifold" was because exactly the reason what people but about the janspeed being "raspy".

are there any more BHP gains from either one?

ill search google today then

cheers
napster

i doubt you'll find much on google from the maniflow. I'm lead to believe the maniflow has a longer secondary pipe, so there probably are some ever so slight gains over the janspeed, but i still dont believe it justifies the double price tag.

Ian said:
i doubt you'll find much on google from the maniflow. I'm lead to believe the maniflow has a longer secondary pipe, so there probably are some ever so slight gains over the janspeed, but i still dont believe it justifies the double price tag.

double price tag??? how much lol?

ohh perhaps im going alittle out my league now.
janspeed here we come :)
napster

Back