Making body colour wing mirrors..

thats the word! I was thinking laq.. laq.. it was on the tip of my tongue..

Ant........ do Halfords sell laquer in cans??

and which primer should I use?

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu

white primer (halfords as its bigger) you can get your body coulor from nissan it comes with laquaer. if you choose you can get laquaer from halford (again its a bigger can)

I'd use grey primer personally, and i didnt use plastic paints either when i did mine. Grey primer, 2 coats of red and a lacquer finish :)

Actually i didnt lacquer mine and its started to fade, so got to do it again!

I'm thinking of doing the same to mine. Do Nissan do actual mirror covers, or is it a job of taking the mirrors off the car and masking up?

depends what color your car is, you need plastic primer but what color primer is down to the color of your car. Some paint needs grey others red etc it should say on the tin when you buy the color.

go to a local spray making company and they can match your colour acturately,

sand them down with smooth sand paper like 8000 grade.

primer them down and sand again with the 8000 grade

re primer it again

let it dry for a few hours

spray the colour on

sand it down with 8000 grade

spray again this time carefully as this is the final stage

laquer it and let it dry for a few hours and maybe laquer again if not satisfactory.

let it dry for a few days

go to a local spray making company and they can match your colour acturately,

sand them down with smooth sand paper like 8000 grade.

primer them down and sand again with the 8000 grade

re primer it again

spray the colour on

sand it down with 8000 grade

spray again this time carefully as this is the final stage

laquer it and let it dry for a few hours and maybe laquer again if not satisfactory.

let it dry for a few days

you want to use 800 wet and dry not 8000

Lol yeah, does 8000 even exist?? As everyone else has said really. Sand it down before hand with wet and dry. You can get everything from halfords and the colour matches there are pretty good most of the time. It says what colour primer to use on the colour tin so just use that to get an exact match. Use plastic primer as this seals it and stops the paint sinking in to the plastic. Couple of coats of this, sanding in between, couple of paint then laquer, make sure it stays smooth as you go though. Its all just practise, the more you do the better you get. :)

Remove the mirrors from the car, and mask over the mirror glass.

or pull it out ;) make sure you dont get 7 years bad luck per mirror tho lol :D

ohhhh an if you really dont wanna take of ya mirrors, mask up ya car lol, i know what ide rather do!

you want to use 800 wet and dry not 8000

in a warm place do this, no good in the cold, the paint will shrink as it dries in the cold n then thats a tw@ to sort out! and it will look poor.

Back