ma10e-t

jowley

Ex. Club Member
hi all im in need of the clearences of this engine its a turbo version of the ma engine i belive and are the followers the same as the other engines by the way its a genuine nissan engine fitted to the figaro it looks very similar to the march st engine

hi all im in need of the clearences of this engine its a turbo version of the ma engine i belive and are the followers the same as the other engines by the way its a genuine nissan engine fitted to the figaro it looks very similar to the march st engine

What clearances are you looking for mate? And the only thing that similar is the colour of the rocker cover and the air box everything else is completely different.

the tappets im after

When hot .22mm for inlet and .25mm for inlet I'm fairly sure.
I go abit more tbh honest I think mine are .20mm,I don't like a tappety engine, so I only get it when it cold and completely silent when warm

Factory settings are:
___________hot___cold
inlet_______.25___.22
exhaust____.30___.22

Cold - .15mm for both inlet and exhaust is ok too, since the flow is very constricted even on the turbo version. You'll get a better response to power demands and a slightly increased fuel consumption.

Factory settings are:
___________hot___cold
inlet_______.25___.22
exhaust____.30___.22

Cold - .15mm for both inlet and exhaust is ok too, since the flow is very constricted even on the turbo version. You'll get a better response to power demands and a slightly increased fuel consumption.

Knew I had them mixed, I go as far as .15 incase of interference with a valve a piston

The thing with valves is that the valve clearance increases as the engine warms up, and the larger clearance means that the valves open later and the lift is smaller. Practicly you could set the clearance on cold engine to .0mm, and there would be no colision between the valve and the piston head. But you would need to recheck the clearance more often since the valve seats and the valve heads tend to wear even more if the lift is larger. Also, the mixture tumbles as it hits the valve head and doing so it homogenizes which causes better combustion. If the lift is too large there is no thumble. So if you want larger lift, you need valves with larger head diameter to achieve the tumbling. That's why the better way of setting valve lift and timing is to replace the camshaft or modify the cams on the existing.

Back