LPG Micra's? Who's Done It Then? (No Chat)

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
As above, I was wondering if anyone has thought of this, or if someone has actually done it and what differences in drive, pull and mileage range it has?

10 %? That's not so bad right? this could be made up again with better breathing and fuel mods.

Any one else?

Anthony showing that he doesn't know what he is talking about :p :p lol

LPG:
Octane rating 108
Typical calorific value 46.1 MJ/kg (compared to 43.5 MJ/kg for petrol)
It is however less dense so you appear to get worse MPG with it....

I am thinking of this, but how much does it cost? Also thinking that there aren't many places selling LPG even though it was introduced years ago!

I think an easier comparison would be average cost per mile rather than MPG, assuming similar performance ;)

BG

I am thinking of this, but how much does it cost? Also thinking that there aren't many places selling LPG even though it was introduced years ago!

I think an easier comparison would be average cost per mile rather than MPG, assuming similar performance ;)

BG

running/fuel costs work out a about 1/2 (if you,ve got a local filling station),
but if you dont diy, and pay £1500 for fitting, it,s a looong payback time :eek:
and the higher octane just allows a higher compression ratio and more spark advance

and the higher octane just allows a higher compression ratio and more spark advance

Which will result in more power if you were able to increase the compression ratio of the engine.

Since you cannot easily do this the potential gains from LPG are not usually realised.

I've been quoted about £800 to convert my Micra Passion 1.0L to LPG,
Which seems quite worth it, as i'm only getting about 28mpg out of it at the moment.

Back