Facelift MAF

Thought i might post my discovery on the facelifts MAF, my one decide to pack in on me earlier on in the year and i was to stingy to buy a new one. Working on cars every day i noticed that MAF on the mk4 VW petrol turbo engines and the porsche carrera engine all share the same sensor, I bought this sensor for a 1.8T Engine of VW Golf / Jetta / Bora MK4, New Beetle, Passat B5.5. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280061120272&rd=1&rd=1
for £55.

Arrived in the post a couple of days ago but the connections were slightly different even though all the numbers on it matched the micra one, so i chopped off the plastic surround, and soldered the wires straight on to the terminals and it runs perfectly!

nice find!

feel a difference in mafs i dnt think you should because its just a sensor that takes a reading which is passed onto the ecu.

nice find!

feel a difference in mafs i dnt think you should because its just a sensor that takes a reading which is passed onto the ecu.

Dont recall saying i did feel a difference, both sensors are identical minus the plugs, although a sensor can alter performance.

Back