Lowering help.

I was wondering if this site has any Tutorials on lowering a k11 1993 Super S?

If so could you please perhaps email or PM a link and delete this thread.

Thanks peeps.

Taken from mightymicra.co.uk

Front shock and springs
1) Jack up car and remove wheels.
2) Remove hub bolts, this can be tricky as they may not have been touched in along time, a breaker bar is your best friend here.
3) Once the hub bolts are removed undo 2 bolts under bonnet and remove the shock. 4) Change spring.
5) Re-attach the shock with the bolts under the bonnet but don’t tighten.
6) Re-attach the hub, again use the breaker bar to tighten.
7) Refit wheels and drop the car.
Rear shock and springs
1) Jack up car but not on the rear axle as you will not be able to get the springs off.
2) You can use spring compressors to remove the spring but you can get someone to push down on the hub and pull the spring out.
3) Loosen the bolt at bottom of shock but do not remove yet.
4) Undo the shock in the boot, this can be tricky as when you turn the bolt it will turn the shock rod, if you have a ratchet spanner you’ll have better luck but a normal spanner is fine, place spanner around the bolt and using mole grips hold the top of the shock still, when you run out of space to turn bolt you should be ok to lift the spanner and reposition it without taking mole grips off.
5) Fit new shocks and springs by doing reverse of the instructons.

your best be is to get a lowering spring kit and follow the above. I personally would get a Haynes Manual. It is the BIBLE!!!! The only Bible which makes sense!!!

Taken from mightymicra.co.uk

your best be is to get a lowering spring kit and follow the above. I personally would get a Haynes Manual. It is the BIBLE!!!! The only Bible which makes sense!!!

perfect but please use axle stands not just the jack as there will be alot of hard pulling and pushing

Lol to be honest its been lost...but i have found it and plan to read it tonight before bed.

you cant go wrong if you follow it .............just do what it says even if you dont really understand it lol very well explained with pics lol thats what i like about them :p

Had a quick peak. All i have found is 'Front suspension lower arm - removal, overhaul and refitting' asking me to 'choke' the rear wheels?? and 'Front suspension strut - removal and refitting'. Its double dutch to me! :(

chock the rear wheels,

Basically put something in front/behind the wheels so they can't roll, as the car will only be on two wheels it's just to stop the car rolling.

Rear shock and springs
1) Jack up car but not on the rear axle as you will not be able to get the springs off.
2) You can use spring compressors to remove the spring but you can get someone to push down on the hub and pull the spring out.

when i done the rears i jacked up in middle of rear axle and got someone to lean there weight on the far wheel .....

how does the guide suggest ?

they way i do it for the rears is, unbolt the tops on the shocks and unbolt panhard rod, then jack the body up from rear jacking point, axle will stay put as its standing on the ground...when the shells high enough the springs will start to pop out (keep an eye on the rear brake lines so you dont over stretch then)...put new springs in (easier as they'll be slightly shorter) and switch over the shocks...bolt up, lower down, job done.

You need to get the front tracked. The rear needs a shorter panhard rod.
The shocks should be ok, people say you should get uprated shocks but unless you are planning to race professionally it ain't worth it.

How about since i only live 10 mins down the road you give me a shout and ill show you how i did mine and help you d yours?

Back