Loud Sqeeking from front of car

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Hey peoples,

Ive got an extremely annoying squeek which happens when I...
- Start the car in gear with clutch out.
- Press the accelerator
- Let go of the accelerator suddenly
- bunny hop the car
- hit a large bump
- pop the clutch.

It stops when I press the clutch in and no sound is heard even when going over large bumps or breaking.

I dont have any gearbox rattle or feedback though the stick however I do have fairly moderate vibration though the steering wheel on idle when stopped, especially when on a hill.

Im thinking engine mounts, what do people think? How to fix?

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Will do that tomorrow. Thanks.

I will also mention it can often stop during driving in fairly heavy rain. I assume its a lubrication problem. Im assuming the vibration + squeaks = engine mounts. Perhaps separate.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Well Ive decided its definitely some kind of mount, Bush etc.

It is not the belts, they sound different, this is like a squeak a pogo stick makes.

Anyway, Ive got it up on stands now and when I finish this pizza ive bought some Lithium Grease to apply to them. lets hope it settles it down. It sounds like a ****box otherwise (even though it is compared to the FD3s)

Keep you updated!

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Well..

Both engine mounts are rooted, split infact, perhaps it doesnt like the burnouts lol.

Will replace with some new ones.. my mech tells me about $150 to replace seems decent.

Grease did **** all.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Yeah, I relise there is 4, I dont understand why I wrote both. Ive located some on RHD so when I buy a bunch of fd stuff ill get them too.

Back