Lost locking nut key! Help!

Robb

Site Supporter
The title says it all! Does anyone know a way of getting locking nuts off without the key?! I cant find my key! :down: :down: :down: grr

Pics to follow, not with the AA etc sadly, phoned round places had some pricey labour quotes :down: . Just spent hours looking for it.

Dont suppose anyone knows any tricks like grinding the nut down to a hexagonal shape etc? Fortunately they are not receseed into the alloys so they are quite accessable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOCKING-WHEEL...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Is this what you mean? Do you know if they would work with this type of nut?

micra2-1.jpg

they have an internal left hand thread, thats slightly coned, so when you force the remover onto the locking nut it bites into the nut and undoes it with the left hand thread.
if they are mcguard locking nuts, there's only about 7 keys. if you know someone with a set give their key a go. my key undoes mine, my brothers and my sister-in-laws.

Updated my last post.

Does anyone know how much it would be for someone to make another key if they had a nut available?

Basically i have steelies on the front at the mo and they were a piece o p*ss to get off

I just ground the sides down as you can see and used a good ol spaner

Image327.jpg

Its the alloys on the back that are recessed that are the b**tards

use a chisel and hammer. hammer the chisel onto the nut on the corner, once there's something to hit into, tap the chisel into the nut and also anti-clockwise to loosen the nut. a blunt chisel works best.

Back