Looking for some new springs

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
I've decided to get some new springs for my 95slx, I saw some green springs (jap import) on another thread and they would not only be an upgrade no my stocks, they would go absolutely sick with my green slx.

I have absolutely no idea how to read jap (i am learning, taking a while though) and am hearing alot of good things from yahoo jp auctions and other sites. Is anyone on here able to look for me and give advice on how to purchase and get delivered to australia?

They dont have to be green lol but it would be nice! thankyou to anyone willing to help.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
I just bought a set of tein springs off ebay, there are 2 sets on there at the moment:

Teins: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TEIN-High-Pe...s?hash=item4a876abd75&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

They are progressive so nice ride, have them on my car now with new kyb's i put on over the weekend, pics here: https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/46854

Other option is kings springs:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Micra...s?hash=item335477fd17&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

They look like progressive springs as well, but not sure as I haven't seen them in real life.

I picked up the tein springs for the same price as the kings ones, so have a hunt around. They lower the car a tad to which is nice :)

cheers,
matt

CMF_kré

» CMF Member
try importmonster.com.au, register for their site and have a look through yahoo japan auctions and if you want something they will buy it for you and bring it here for you for a small % fee

CMF_kré

» CMF Member
i should mention also of course that nsm (on these boards) can sort you out for some lovells springs. i bought some off him and am not disappointed (although tbh i am already thinking of going lower)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
wow thanks for the support guys, i was hoping for a fast response but this is sick! The ones on ebay, (teins) look really good, is $425 a decent price for them? Delivery is free too which is sweet, the auctioneer looks legit with a 99.4 on 2k auctions.

Im buying on payday haha, following the sages on micra.com's advice of course. Next up are shocks but cant purchase them for another week, so any idea what i should look for, or which ones are best?

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
hit nick (NSM) up for shocks, awesome prices (better than ANYWHERE i checked), on KYB shocks + Teins = WIN!

I got my teins for $300, but they were on sale and plus delivery so that is a fair price IMO (I would have bought them if the ones i got didn't pop up).

I can vouch for the teins (as per pics) but sounds like the lovells would be good too, and no doubt a good price.

I'm a tein man through and through (have em on the skyline too lol) so might be a bit bias :p

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
sweet as well that settled, Teins off ebay because I'm willing to pay that much unless someone points out its a rip-off, next week I will msg u Nick for some kyb shocks, whats a set of 'em gonna set me back?

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
NISSAN MICRA
K11, 1.3L Hatchback

Excel-G Twin Tube Gas Shock
Front
Left: 332062
Right 332061

Rear:
Left: 343249
Right:323249

taken from:
http://www.kyb.com.au/part.htm?http://www.kyb.com.au/PartFinder/shocks.php

Most auto stores will be able to get KYB shocks (autobarn, repco, bursons etc)
Pedders also do shocks.

Bursons in my experience have always been cheaper for my springs and shocks/micra parts

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
those are the part numbers i ordered from nick ^^^, nick was at least $200 cheaper than autobarn or repco!

Those kings springs are the ones i listed in my first post:p Good price though, but I still prefer teins

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
haha seams like every time i decide on a piece to get, another upgrade appears. I only make like 650-700 a week, i guess i have to learn patience. before i even think about the panhard rod i am finishing springs and shocks. Panhard definately next on list though, I really want to improve the handling of the car before improve the power.

Lucky for me a mate of mine just lost his licence for 2yrs and is lookin to sell his pulsar SSS. From what i can tell if he doesnt sell it i can buy his brakes and throttle body which saves me a run to the wreckers!.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
oh ok thanks, thats good to know.

Yeh its not really a problem that i cant afford the panhard rod yet anyways as once the parts arrive eventually (shocks and springs), they will just be sitting in my bedroom until i have all the time and other things (obviously panhard rod) necessary to get it all done.

Also i went to Burson Auto Spare this morning, what a freakin' joke! They said the kyb shocks would be 205 each side just for fronts, i rofl'd walking away telling them what a damn ripoff they are.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

"oh ok thanks, thats good to know.

Yeh its not really a problem that i cant afford the panhard rod yet anyways as once the parts arrive eventually (shocks and springs), they will just be sitting in my bedroom until i have all the time and other things (obviously panhard rod) necessary to get it all done.

Also i went to Burson Auto Spare this morning, what a freakin' joke! They said the kyb shocks would be 205 each side just for fronts, i rofl'd walking away telling them what a damn ripoff they are.

lol, just hit Nick (NSM) up, even with shipping its way cheaper!

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
ok straight up, I've looked around at dif setups for a while now, read about all the brands, seen the merchandise on the net, and i want to know how much for a full whiteline kit, cause i've decided that thats gonna be my first purchase. over under 2k?

Back