Longer studs

MikeyRocks

Ex. Club Member
I may need to get some longer studs so if any anyone can give me some help/advise on what stud length/diameter im going to need and where do buy them.

Would be much appreciated if someone can help.

I will only need the rears done if I get some longer studs :)

Size depends on what you wanna do with them. There is few sellers on eBay. The thread size woul be m12 x 1.25 and 14.3mm spline I think.

^ WHS.

There's a guide for fitting the rears in the guide section, and most of the info is in my LX blog. Fronts are dead easy, rears are a faff because of the drums brake mechs.

I had a slight issue with my generic studs in that the spline was too deep and extended out the mounting face of the hub flange. I just counter sunk the stud holes the rear of the discs and drums very slightly with a large drill bit.

Size depends on what you wanna do with them. There is few sellers on eBay. The thread size woul be m12 x 1.25 and 14.3mm spline I think.
^ WHS.

There's a guide for fitting the rears in the guide section, and most of the info is in my LX blog. Fronts are dead easy, rears are a faff because of the drums brake mechs.

I had a slight issue with my generic studs in that the spline was too deep and extended out the mounting face of the hub flange. I just counter sunk the stud holes the rear of the discs and drums very slightly with a large drill bit.

Thanks both for your help, Im going to deal with this later after Japfest is over

I'll just run 155's on all four wheels, Should give the rears abit of a tuck :)

Back