• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

The first few weeks alone in the Micra.

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So Thursday 10th of February, I passed my driving test on my fourth attempt! Huzzah! Got my insurance sorted out for a week on from then, and have been driving alone since.

Firstly, I'd like to say that now that I'm driving alone, I can really appreciate just how nice the Micra is to drive. I put my shoulder out a lot due to a weak ligament or something, so power steering would be nice but I can do without.

IMAG0090.jpg

(Shoddy first day parking at college)

We've had a few hiccups though so far. Driving home at 1:13am I'd noticed my clock was saying 5am, which was bizarre as I knew it was working fine at midday that day. Came to it the next morning and found that the clock was gone so me and my dad ripped the dash off to look for a loose connection - no luck, so we're gonna go and find an old K11 in the scrapheap and "borrow" a new clock from it.

IMAG0095.jpg

(My dad checking over all the connections on the dash)

Second hiccup came exiting a night club, some drunk git tried jumping inside the car, so we tried pushing him out and trapped his finger in the door by accident. This annoyed him so he slammed the door so hard that it dislodged all the door seals on the drivers side, causing some fun problems with opening and closing the doors on that side for a while. They seem to have fixed themselves with a little adjustment.

Third and final issue so far, (and this one wasn't the car's fault) last night when my friend who, hadn't been drinking and, felt fine up until we went for a drive, projectile vomited over the inside of the car so hard that it rebounded off the windscreen and coated the entire car (and me as I was driving), we've cleaned up as much as we could find but it still smells a bit in there, so I popped down to tesco and bought like three magic tree air fresheners to assist the one it came with, it's a bloody mental concoction of smells so I'm greatful of the sunny weather allowing me to keep my windows down haha!

IMAG0097.jpg

(One of the many scents in my car right now!)

Come to mention it, does anyone know where to get another refill for the nissan air freshener, I remember my Grandad getting them every couple years or so, and I really like the smell of them so it would be good if I could find a new one, the one I've got in there is understandably a little weak with it's age!

Want to make a few mods but it's gonna have to wait for a bit until I get a job to pay for all the expenses, so stay tuned!

Back