Limiters

Titch

Micra K11ng
Hi all - whats the limiters on the ECU's? Was wondering, cause i'm still running on the Cg10 ecu, and it kicked in at 6300 today coming to college. So was wondering what is the limit to this one, and also the CG13. Anyone know what the 1.6 one is??

Cheers
Titch :kungfu:

See - wasn't sure if it would be the limiter, or the gearbox. Think now it may of been the box...

What gearbox have you got fitted? 1.0 or 1.3? Cos i was wondering the same thing when my conversion is done, would the 1.0 gearbox still cope with the higher speeds?

No - its the primera box with 1.6 fly and a 200mm clutch. Yiu'll struggle to get that out of the 1.3 box...

i got 118 from a CG13 box :)

did it bounce off the limiter? or just not go faster?

Generallyit isthought to be 6900 for a CG13 ECU and slightly higher for a CG10 ECU... although this is not always the case and someone had a limiter of 6400.

edit: the GA16 ECU is the same as a CG13, 6900.

Ian

Ian said:
i got 118 from a CG13 box :)

did it bounce off the limiter? or just not go faster?

Generallyit isthought to be 6900 for a CG13 ECU and slightly higher for a CG10 ECU... although this is not always the case and someone had a limiter of 6400.

edit: the GA16 ECU is the same as a CG13, 6900.

Ian

118 in 4th in a cg13 box?

Think that it was the box that was outta puff. Will test once i have the cg13 ecu in. CHIE!!!

ye the1.3 box does 118 in 4th ,,but wots the point wen the engine doesnt go much faster than that anyway ,,use 5th!

was these speeds dowhill? flat? uphill?(no)

reliable engine wen looked after,

imo the top speed of a cg13 is 110 and cud sit ther allday no probs,,

but,ye it does do more takin it to limiter in 4th ,,but dont c the point wen its not much quiker than changing to 5th

i had 112 in my 1.3 bouncing off the limiter,up against a starlet turbo

why wot? jus saying thats y i was doing 112 in 4th ,trying to keep with him,ye good engine,but they dont have a good top speed,,wel he dint pull away from me

he must have stopped trying then because im sure it could out run a slightly/midly tuned 1.3 micra thats all im saying.

Back