LED Dash is pants!

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
I bought some white 239 Led's from flebay and they a mince, they give a faint glow at the corners of the gauge faces and i want more god damn it!

How do i achieve this (stolen shamelessly from a post by Ed)

attachment.php

get some that arn't cheap and crap? also colour makes a difference, blue will be brightest. when you take a photo of lights in the dark they will look a lot brighter than normal.

lastly if you want a challenge you can pull the dial faces off and sand the back of them to remove the blue tint

Well the thing is how do i know until i buy them and fit them, 10 cheap crap sets isn't so cheap anymore :(

There's a good chance that's my old dashboard haha and it was probably 1:59 AM when that was taken too. They were Luxeon leds and VERY VERY bright, so much so that they TOTALLY ruined your night vision. We did have some minor issues with light spread, so that particular setup wasn't 100% ideal. The Left hand side LEDs were also swapped for Red ones which also blinded you pretty badly. It was pretty experimental really but honestly there aren't much options around unless you go for electroluminescent dials and we have tried to have sets made in the past by people like Richbrook, (plazma dials), but never had enough people to do it...

Back