Kyb

you want the 92-02 as your car is a 98 which is to be found inbetween 1992 and 2002. the ">" dates can be confusing because in my opinion its used incorrectly. x>y means x has a greater value than y. so 12/82> should mean maximum manufacturer date of car december 1982, and no higher numerical value such as 1983 or 1984. i bet there is different opinions on this though. in this case its easier as it gives a range from 12/82>11/92 so you can see what the min and max are. but a lot of parts companies just say like 93> which should mean 1993 or 92, 91 etc backwards.. but actually means 1993 or 94, 95 , 96 etc.. onwards

nizzanz1 said:
you want the 92-02 as your car is a 98 which is to be found inbetween 1992 and 2002. the ">" dates can be confusing because in my opinion its used incorrectly. x>y means x has a greater value than y. so 12/82> should mean maximum manufacturer date of car december 1982, and no higher numerical value such as 1983 or 1984. i bet there is different opinions on this though.

Thanks that was sooo confusing lol I get the date thing now i thought they were dates but I couldnt figure them out

i added a little bit more to give an example on how more confusing it is.:upside:

I dont suppose anyone else wants any I could see if i could get discount for a group buy...no harm in being cheeky

they must have had a few hundred out of us lot like, since me and pete ordered them way back last year i think theres been a few

thats what I put in the e-mail that a lot of us use them and recommend them blah blah blah and discounts would only be available for subscribed members but there site would still get advertised to non-members blah blah blah

thats the set up im using on my k11, mines is lowered 35mm and handles great with the new shox!! It is the KYB Gas ones you are going for yeh?

your car is lowered 35mm and still on origional dampers yeh?? You will be amazed at the difference the gas dampers will make like! Handling is far better and more stability on corners, remember and prime the dampers before putting them on tho!! Nasty consequences if ya dont, a really easy job to do tho!

Daz :alien:

K10Daz said:
your car is lowered 35mm and still on origional dampers yeh?? You will be amazed at the difference the gas dampers will make like! Handling is far better and more stability on corners, remember and prime the dampers before putting them on tho!! Nasty consequences if ya dont, a really easy job to do tho!

Daz :alien:

yes it is and quite frankley im getting a sore bum! lots of speed bumps in shields..I'm not putting the dampers in (as if i could) I'm sure the lad who is doing them knows this but I'l double check and tell him anyway thanks.

Yeah what DO you mean, as i diddnt do this - and mine were fine and still are over a year later... is it a techinical term for something like "wipe them with a cloth" or something?

they havnt got bk to me yet about any club discounts so on tuesday il ring them and say i weant so many sets what discount can you give

any1 else up for a set of these as im ringing tomorrow for a group buy discount...

1. Me
2. Richmicratwista
3. Sonic

i'll just point out that kyb shocks are not uprated stiffnes shocks for performance, they are a standard rate replacement. the excel-g version being gas/oil can be a more durable/reliable/smoother than oil only shock. they should be nice for a 35mm drop. any lower and you should get uprated stiffer dampers.

nizzanz1 said:
i'll just point out that kyb shocks are not uprated stiffnes shocks for performance, they are a standard rate replacement. the excel-g version being gas/oil can be a more durable/reliable/smoother than oil only shock. they should be nice for a 35mm drop. any lower and you should get uprated stiffer dampers.

so wouldnt you say that being more durable/reliable/smoother would be uprated then? whats your version of being uprated?

i meant uprated stiffness, the excel-g is uprated over oil only shocks. when lowering a car on suspension its usually best to match that by increasing the stiffness of the shocks, otherwise they are being over worked.

nizzanz1 said:
i meant uprated stiffness, the excel-g is uprated over oil only shocks. when lowering a car on suspension its usually best to match that by increasing the stiffness of the shocks, otherwise they are being over worked.

and since the shocks on micras are oil based then that would class them as uprated yes?

lol but noone mentioned uprated stiffness apart from you lol.

oh and gemma group buys very rarely ever go to plan...i can only think of two in thae past two years that actually went through

thats why i mentioned it as no one else had done. was putting in a little extra info.

Gemma85 said:
mines only dropped 35mm anyway and im sick of the bumpy ride
are you on standard wheels? you get a softer pleasant ride on standard wheels and tyres.

nizzanz1 said:
are you on standard wheels? you get a softer pleasant ride on standard wheels and tyres.

no 15" but think of selling and going down to 14" or 13" not 100% made my mind up cos I like them

if you have lowered springs new dampers wont help your bumpy ride. only way is to soften up the tyres. which on 15" you wont get becasue of the low profile needed.

if you have still got your old wheels try fitting them again it will be so more gentle.

I no but I really like them lol (any1 selling any alloys lol!)

I will still need new dampers and these ones are splitting (apparantly)

yes new dampers are for safety and good ride etc. when worn they bounce and feel bad over bumps, thats a different feeling though to when the car is firm and the bumps feels more quick and harsh, and not like a boat ging up and down on the swell like soggy suspension. when you have worn out dampers on lowered springs it will still feel quite firm and hard to detect becasue of the springs. if its leaky then thats obvious, or when you get noises from it going over bumps.

nizzanz1 said:
yes new dampers are for safety and good ride etc. when worn they bounce and feel bad over bumps, thats a different feeling though to when the car is firm and the bumps feels more quick and harsh, and not like a boat ging up and down on the swell like soggy suspension. when you have worn out dampers on lowered springs it will still feel quite firm and hard to detect becasue of the springs. if its leaky then thats obvious, or when you get noises from it going over bumps.

well none of them but my m8 said that they did need changing

i ride with my tyres down at 28 psi,,it gives a better ride and you can tell a big difference from running at like 32psi

yeah thats right. never go below minimum book pressure deliberately though. i think 28 is the minumum.

indeed pump them up as high as you like for feeling through the steering. can go upto the figure written on the "max psi" on tyre wall. when cold.

well iv bought these anyway...boyfriend is paying for them for me

nizzanz1 said:

They was a squeeky noise when I was going over bumps thought it was time

Back