KYB Gas Shocks

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Dear all,

it seems my rear dampers are giving up on me!

where can i get some new kyb gas shocks? are they any good or is it better to get some original replacements from my local parts store?

thanks

I put some on the back of my K10 and they did seem to make a lot of difference. You can get them for £30 for the rears from here: https://sslrelay.com/buypartsby.co.uk/gas-shocks.php?recordID=166

James :)

what difference did it make james? More comfortable drive, or better round corners?

i've got them alround now and have had no problems, combined with lowering springs handling is great also they seem better at soaking up bumps in the road.

i've got them on the micra you sold me mark i've aslo added eibach springs and a doubled up rear antiroll bar from a 1.2 it's made a great difference to the handeling. more supple on wee bumps but far better cornering. by the way you never told me the carb was freezing up on long motor way runs. the car kept on diein on the way home and its a nightmare on the motorway!

if your using them with lowering springs, you better off with a hydraulic shock, preferably an uprated one line monroe

i'm puzzled mike, i never had carb icing problems, its that bonnent vent that dun it not me! how is the car anyway? post some current pictures of it mate, dam i loved that car

i'm not sure if i can post pics? i'm not a full member but i'll see what i can do. the cars going great and handeling far better now i've changed the suspension and i'm in the process of buying a strut brace and i'm hoping to do the sunny brake conversion but i can't find that guide page no more?

Back