K13

cisco

» CMF Member
Seen heaps lately buzzing around Tokyo.

Very subtle, they kind of really look older than the K12 in many ways.

Kind of more back to the k11 style..

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
New Zealand only gets Thai sourced 1.5L 4spd auto's at the moment.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10690226
The five-door Micra is a global car, built at plants in China, Thailand, India and Mexico. It will be sold in 160 countries. The New Zealand model comes from Thailand.
Two models will be available, the standard ST and better equipped Ti, both powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine delivering 75Kw at 6000rpm and 136Nm of torque at 4000rpm and mated to a four-speed automatic gearbox.
Nissan claims town-and-around fuel consumption of 6.6 litres/100km and CO2 exhaust emissions of 154gr/km. The ST starts at NZ$22,600 and the Ti at NZ$24,100. ST has 15-inch steel wheels, and black door handles, while the Ti has 15-inch alloy wheels, body coloured handles, front fog lamps and a chrome surround on the lower grille.
Standard safety equipment includes anti-lock brake electronics, six airbags, and stability control. Also standard are power steering, automatic headlight control, remote central locking and a trip computer with personalised reminders, such as wedding anniversaries. It can even wish its owner "happy birthday."

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
They were released officially in Aus today!

My local dealer has the mid and high end ones. ST-L and TI I think they are. None of the 3 cylinder 1.2L yet, I went and had a look today and they look pretty good IRL, I hope to see about driving on on Friday (probably a manual TI)
Also there was a write up for them in my local paper about a week ago. I saved it so I might scan it and post it up.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Looking at buying one in the new year now. drove the 3 cylinder and the 4 cylinder and there both great. The 3 cylinder is a real surprise and has a great engine note and is faster than one might think. Dunno if ill get the 4 cylinder now as I might go the 3 but ill wait till new year to make up my mind. The roof is an interesting feature and the front looks great. Im thinking of a white one with dark tint and lowered a bit with mags. Should look nice.

cisco

» CMF Member
Woot could this be a whole new micra revolution!?!?

Way to go Micra King, sounds good.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"Hey nz_aj are those prices correct for NZ? you guys are getting ripped off if they are.

I think that's why there's so many grey imports over there - a while back I'd been told it's cheaper to buy a first/second hand import from Japan than it is to buy new in NZ. Feel free to correct me though :)

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I had a first hand look (not drive) of the K13 today. Got a brochure.
Hate the interior, acres of grey plastic much worse imho then the K11 for plastic.
I don't mind the actual dash layout and steering wheel and there are electric windows but no alloys on the two models I saw, the St and ST-L.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
NZ$22,600 x 0.77 = AU$17,402 This is for a 1.5L auto.

The article from the first post above lists the cheapest K13 as AU$12,990 and then says AU$13,990 drive away. From this I take it there are about $1000 on road costs in Australia, so the price for the 1.5L auto would be AU$16,990+$1,000=AU$17,990

Not feeling too ripped off at this point.

There are so many high spec grey imports over here because we don't have tariffs and grey imports don't have to be modified to meet ADR's (we accept vehicle components built to Japanese, European standards etc) and thus save the consumer whatever the % is for the AU tariff + AU$2000-$5000 ADR compliance costs.

And of course it is cheaper to buy a second hand car. Depreciation in Japan means that we get 0-10yr old cars quite cheaply, & they're often better spec'd that what is available new, internationally (i.e. JDM spec is often better than export models) e.g. Nissan Pulsar GTiR, Skyline GTR, Bluebird SSS-Ltd, 4WD SR20DET Avenir etc.

Previously there was no limit to the age of what could be imported, at that time roughly any 2nd hand car was twice the price in Australia than NZ. Things have changed now thou.
Anyway, at least this has meant that we haven't had such a flood of cheap Korean cars.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
These look great for the money I bet they sell more than the K12! Just seen on carsales they are from $13.333 drive away. Thats cheap as for a new car from Japan! They are built in Japan??

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
So who is going to be the first to fit the 140kW MR16DDT or when will Nissan put it into production?

The front drive CVT MR16DDT Juke weighs 1290kg.
http://www.carview.co.jp/catalog/NISSAN/JUKE/2010/spec/41332/
The 4WD CVT version weighs 1380kg.
http://www.carview.co.jp/catalog/NISSAN/JUKE/2010/spec/41333/

0-96km/hr (60mph) for the 6spd manual front drive Juke was 6.8 seconds when tested by motor trend.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1008_2011_nissan_juke_sv_test/index.html

The 1.2L front drive CVT K13 weighs 940kg
http://www.carview.co.jp/catalog/NISSAN/MARCH/2010/spec/39470/
The 1.2L 4WD CVT K13 weighs 1040kg
http://www.carview.co.jp/catalog/NISSAN/MARCH/2010/spec/39474/

K13 is quite a lot lighter even if allowances were made for a heavier engine & drive, and certainly a lesser frontal area & probably more aerodynamic.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The Juke looks like a Murano at the front that's had its lights copied + pasted into the wrong places :)

Would be nice if someone used a K13 as a base for a project - I never saw a K12 used for one over here but would be interested to see how it would be tackled.

---dens

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
nismo s tune

Attachments

• 61493.jpg
    61493.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
Back