K13 - who's buying one??

cisco

» CMF Member
Are they any good? What's the story?

(I am buying a small car for work really soon).

But I am currently thinking a white, 2nd hand swift just 1-3 years old in near-new condition. Does the K13 trump it?

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm the K13 kind of looks like a bag of crap. Any thoughts?

Pretty tacky/cheap plastics in the interior, the K12 interior maybe looked slightly higher quality? I guess the K11 always had a pretty basic interior though.

The swift interior even on 2008 models seems heaps nicer and driver-friendly.

I am getting the impression that swifts will continue to hold their value pretty well and K13s will depreciate quicker. They don't look anything special to me. What do others think of them?

Gee K12s are becoming really cheap though..

cisco

» CMF Member
Ahh wow, I had no idea. That's awesome. I wish they had already brought it to Oz. Do you reckon they will?

The K13 look is kind of growing on me, especially the TI. But still not sure about the rear end..

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
The K13 is getting some really good reviews from the motoring press in Australia. They look a lot better than the K12s too.

I'm planning on getting the 3 cylinder next year once the missus is off maternity leave and back work.

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
I bought a brand new swift for the woman (2010 model), and they are a japanese built car.
Very solid and well built. I hate to say it, but we test drove a K12 and they are in a different ball park. tinny, noisy, not well built.

Have not looked at a K13 as yet tho

cisco

» CMF Member
Eek modding cars. I couldn't think of anything more stressful these days :) I don't "mod" cars any more. The most I would do is buy a liberty gt wagon and slam one of those off-the-shelf APS/MRT style power kits on it where all the testing and pre-bull**** has already been done for you. I.e. you aren't the guinea pig driving around with the rattly noises while they adjust the exhaust by 1cm each week to stop parts smashing into each other. That is my memory of modding cars.. Yeah it was fun for a few years. My other memory was staying up until 5am fitting a VLSD gearbox by myself, somehow with no helpers, then getting it on, no sleep and driving to work the next day. OUCH. Grease stains and crud wedged underneath your fingernails for weeks afterwards and just money money money flying out of your wallet into the bottomless pit that was "car modding".

The K13 looks kind of tempting for a cheap little work runabout. But have to agree with the swift being pretty high quality and good value. They look the best too.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Liberty GT Wagon's are real nice..

I was looking at them before I decided on the Stagea. Had a 2004 Liberty non turbo auto and it was smooth!

Small cars? These days I'm getting around in an N15 Pulsar LX hatch. Can't beat the $40 a fortnight in petrol, and it was only $3000.

Totally agree re: modding though - maybe we're just bitter ;)

Sean

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Had a rental Tiida for a while. It was quiet but bland. I can see in the K13 more styling links back to the K11 then anything else.
It may be plasticy on the inside but really so are are K11's we we all seem to love.
I'm over tinkering with cars now as well, even dragging my heals getting the Triumph going again.
I'll keep my original Micra for as long as I can keep it going, see if I can set some record for length of ownership and K's accumulated.

Th longer I can keep away from buying a new car the better position I'll be in to get something I want. Plus both my Micras still have agreed insurance values of 6K

cisco

» CMF Member
Some great points Mipcar. Good plan.
Yeah k11s were pretty plasticy too weren't they. But yes bags of fun!

Seano! Hi mate, how is everything going? Well I hope.
Yes good thinking with the cheap LX. Sounds like a winner, top value.
Stagea, zoiks.

I saw another K13 today close up, and I am coming around. They do look kind of like a modern/sleek K11 in some ways. The mid-section looks like a K12 though, the panels are identical right?

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"Had a rental Tiida for a while. It was quiet but bland. I can see in the K13 more styling links back to the K11 then anything else.

It may be plasticy on the inside but really so are are K11's we we all seem to love.

I'm over tinkering with cars now as well, even dragging my heals getting the Triumph going again.

I'll keep my original Micra for as long as I can keep it going, see if I can set some record for length of ownership and K's accumulated.

Th longer I can keep away from buying a new car the better position I'll be in to get something I want. Plus both my Micras still have agreed insurance values of 6K

6k?!? wow didnt know they were worth that much modified especially...

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Probably not but I've been with same insurer for many many yrs,plus one of the advantages for being a 'mature' (read old) driver. Also never made at fault claims.
The green car is covered for $6k and the Turbo Car for $6.5.
Being able(in the case of the Green car) to say it was modified with genuine Nissan Micra parts (Super S body kit)Helped.

Once I'd got one covered when the Red turbo car came along it was easy.

Of course it goes down, originally the green car was covered for up around 10K, then it went to 8k for a few yrs, now 6K and not sure how much longer they'll keep it at that. It drops a bit each year now.

Back