K12 SE tyre advice/recomendations

Hi! Well it's got to the point when our little 1.2SE needs its boots changed. Has anyone any advice/recomendations?
It's running the OEM 175/60/R15h Conti Eco-3's. :suspect: Are the Dunlops better? I can't find any other makes who do this size, anyone know any better?

I know that when they leave the factory only continental or dunlop tyres are fitted. Pure luck which ones you get on yours. Other specs may have a different brand.

which ever you choose they will be pritty expensive for what they are, the best price i mannaged for the dunlops was about £95 each.

I have just changed the tyres on my 1.2 S went to kwit Fit
They put (Pirelli P3000) on mine very good

http://www.kwik-fit.com/tyre-search.asp?s=5&ts=175/65T15

Pirelli P3000 E
Tyre Size 175/65T15
P3000 is predictable and forgiving in nature, with a strong feeling of security
Fuel saving and environment
Reduced rolling resistance
Improved fuel consumption
Comfort and mileage

Tyre Price £56.00 each

when i first had the car they had BRIDGESTONES

Mine when I bought it had Bridgstone tyres, worn down at 19000 miles at the front.

Now running on 17 inch yokahamas

Hmmmm. Would be easier if I ran 65 profiles as there is much more choice, The manual states 60's, but I have seen 65's mentioned somewhere in the documentation. I've Pirrelli's on my Ford and they're worse than the Firestones I had to start with. Would love to put 16"s on it (Minilites by choice) but the other half is a bit prone to Kerbing so a higher profile the better!! :k12white:

I would say anythin other than conti eco's, those tyes scared the life out of me in the wet and not too good in the dry neither

Im pretty wary about my tyres. I know its illegal if they are too worn. Is there a way to measure how much tread they have left? And whats the legal limit?

im getting ready to change mine after the winter is over. got some crappy hankoks on mine got them put on my old car with the new alloys and all together now they've done 20000 mile. 10k on my old k12 and 10 on my new one. swapped them round about 6/7 months ago. my next set is a set of Toyos or yoko's

Back