K12 Running Problem

Hi, Im hoping someone might be able to help with a problem I'm having with my Micra.

I was driving the other day and the engine management light came on, shortly afterwards the car cut out. My boyfriend called for a mate of his to come and collect it on a trailer and when his mate arrived it started and ran with no problems (and no engine management light).

It was recovered to his mates house where they've had a look at it. It's got no fault codes stored but whilst it will start up and run perfectly when it's cold they cant get it to run once it's warm.

Everytime it gets hot it starts cut out (although it's running on 2 or 3 cylinders) and shortly afterwards the light comes on and it just stops, again with no fault codes stored. He tried putting the reader in when it's giving up the ghost and still it doesn't generate a fault code (although it did show 63 degree's of advance at one stage which he said doesn't seem good).

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the thing, it's been off the road a week now and they are both baffled by it!!!

HELP! :laugh:

Back