K12 1.0 poor cold running/starting

Hi guy's and gals. I've had many different opinions on this one. When it's very cold it cranks but doesn't fire and when it does finally start I have to hold the revs on for a few mins to warm it up then it runs but feels like it's holding back all the time. This holding back only lasts for about half a mile or so. If I get it started and leave it it'll stall and be a 'mare to get it running again.

A few weeks ago the MIL light came on and I did a fault code on it and it came up with a cam sensor fault so I replaced it and it was fine. A weeks or so ago it did the same thing again. Again it was the cam sensor fault but I have not bothered to replace it this time.

I have been told about the dreaded chain problem and the dealer said if the tensioner had moved any more than 11mm the chain was fubar'd. I looked it at the weekend and it had only moved 8mm.
They also told me it could be a dirty flywheel but I check that too and it was clean so I cleaned the sensor back up and re-fitted it.

Could it be:-
Crank sensor
Dodgy new cam sensor
Water temp sensor
Dreaded chain
Dirty flywheel
Cracked airbox/dodgy seal

I'm starting to lose my patience with it now.

And help and advise gratefully received.

Ivan

i had this problem and belive it or not and i dont know how or why but that stuff called red ex? chucked that in my tank and filled up with vpower and it sorted it out :D nissan said that it was the sensor they replaced it and it happened again. so i did that got the code re set and it hasnt done it since :D hope this helps

Back