K12 - Removing headlights

Hey,

I have a 2003 K12 1.2 S and my headlight (dipped) has stopped working.

I've managed to fiddle about with it and get the rubber ring thing off of the back and get the connector off the back of the bulb, but the actual bulb doesn't seem to be budging. I physically can't get my head round / angled correctly to see the back of the bulb to see what's holding it in place, but is there a clip somewhere that needs moving? Is there an easy way to do with without twisting my neck/hand/wrist all the way into the poorly positioned light fittings?! I was pulling at it a fair but, but it really wasn't moving, and i'm concerned that if I keep pulling at it i'm going to break something! I managed to remove a dud sidelight recently without all of this hassle!

Any tips to get this bulb out and put a new one in as painlessly as possible would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

I've just had another go at this - seriously if anyone has any tips on how to do this that doesn't end with me kicking the bonnet until I nearly dent it then i'd be much obliged!!

yeah that mettal clip is held in by one side if you live in the north east i can do it for you its easy when you know how :)one side of the clip wiill pull towards or away from the car cant quite remember if your that stuck use a pair of scissors or something like that and rench it open as long as you dont break it it will be fine as it just slots back in :D

i can prob fix it for you too :)

I got it off in the end by taking a spanner to it and just forcing it off. I got the new bulb in and connected up, but couldn't get the metal clip back on. The clip is now just sitting in the two little holes at the bottom but not over the top of the bulb. The bulb obviously isn't completely in securely, but it'll do for now until I can be bothered attempting it again. I might just unscrew the whole light fitting and take the whole thing off and do it that way - at least i'll be able to see what i'm doing a bit better!

Back