K12 electrics acting strangely

Can anyone help explain this?
Automatic lock stopped working with key fob for 30 minutes, then started again.
Radio, cigarette lighter an fan stopped working for 30 minutes, then started again.

Never happened before

Is there a reason?

Thanks
 
Have you checked/cleaned/tighten both battery terminals?
And battery ground cable? Sounds like corrosion somewhere...

If you disconnect battery cables, feed 12V to cables before disconnecting them!
Here in the Land of the Finns, this is normal procedure, if doing something battery related!

By doing this you don't have to ask radio code, like most of folks here!
 
OP
OP
T
Thanks for the suggestion.
Why would all the other electrics be OK?
Only the key fob locking, radio, fan and lighter stopped working, all else OK

Now everything is 100% OK.

thank yuo
 
OP
OP
T
Do you think I should do this or can I check to see if damage to fuses exists first?
How do you apply this?


Thank you
 
Do you think I should do this or can I check to see if damage to fuses exists first?
How do you apply this?


Thank you
Of course you check fuses first, I do visual/multi-meter inspection, always and every time to my fuses.
I assumed that you have already done inspection of fuses...
Cotton swab, small wood splinter, piece of cable tie, piece of metal wire, bend paper clip, use your imagination for apply tool.
My tube of dielectric grease has opening of 8mm, pressed the tube little bit, so that opening is filled with grease and I sticked fuse 'legs' to grease.
No any kind of application tool required.
 
Top