K12 Accelerator pedal, not responding (randomly)

So, one day my car stopped accelerating, when stepping on the pedal it just refused to move. It actually felt like it was breaking slightly when you press down on the accelerator pedal, sometimes it would start to roll a bit and then stop responding again.

I had the car recovered home, few days later it started working like usual ( this was after 2 days of standing outside). I took it to the closest garage they did a diagnostic and they said everything seems fine. So I drove the car for another week, but then it happened again, just would stop responding, just shorts bursts of movement(occasionally) and even stalls after a while, probably because I can't give it any gas at that point.

I can rev it when it neutral and it seems to react okay. Though it does stall after idling for about 10 minutes and only starts back up after a few tries. The engine light doesn't come on, nor are there any codes.

I imagine it should be driveable again, after sitting for a few days(maybe), but it's way too dangerous at this point.
Any ideas what might be causing something like this? Could it be the pedal itself?

Thanks for any help.

Would say it could be the pedal as they are electronically connected.
You could try getting this replaced.
Others answers may differ...
You could try spraying the connection down.(Just to test and see if wiring joints have corrosion) With an electronic spray and see if it is that. But for you own safety and others I would advise to get it replaced.

Good luck with this their seem to be plenty of used units available. That might do the trick however you would need to find out the part number and match accordingly.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I have already made an order for a pedal on ebay. Though it might be hard to tell if it helps or not, just tried the car and it seemed to drive okay again. Could a bad pedal also cause it to stall when idling?

I tried the car today around my local street and it seemed to drive fine again. Seems to need a day of sitting to start working again, which doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Stalling at idle usually points to spark plugs.
Not really sure if the pedal could cause a stall as I have not diagnosed one myself before.
If you are interested to find out what the pedal is doing you could use a scan tool like with an app such as torque.
That way you would be able to see the rpms as you press the pedal.
More importantly though you will learn if the car has any error codes.
And from that you can narrow down what's causing a stall at idle.

I have an Bluetooth scanner and there aren't any error codes at all, as I said I even had diagnostics done at a garage and they haven't found any problems at that time, this is making it very difficult to diagnose the actual problem. The app I have only monitors the rpm though. I guess I'll just wait for the pedal and see how that goes, maybe change the spark plugs as well.

Thanks for the help.

Yea mine are due to be changed after I got the heatsheild in place.
The spark plugs should give you a good indication of engine condition and how well or not its been firing on each of the cylinders.
While I'm looking at the top of mine I noticed there is a slight mess at top front could be just what someone did not clean off afterwards as I don't notice any drips or leaks.
I Wil be sure to clean this off as I want a clean and tidy engine bay.
For future work and viewing alike.

Back