K12 Auto Gear Box P0745/P1171 stalling

Hi
2006 Auto has a constant P0745 code, its now I believe causing stalling somehow, Ive changed the oil but its made no difference, could it be the solenoid? the transmission ECU or is the gearbox gone altogether? Any thoughts please?

As your gearbox is hydraulically driven by the engine, then its probable a pressure fault, this however should not stall the engine, before delving deeper give the engine a service with new air cleaner and spark plugs, I have had auto gearboxes in the past and if the gearbox goes the engine still runs?when the engine is serviced then check the solenoid as this could be sticking with age.:unsure:

Thanks for your reply, I’m also getting p1171 after stall, adding this to what you have just said is leading me away from the gearbox, doesn’t appear to be any air leaks, timings been done and bang on, throttle body cleaned, no other codes being thrown? I’m stumped and so is my mechanic, any other thoughts?

Try reading this web page and it may give you an indication why the engine is poping up codes, and giving you stalling problems, as car get on in years its best to get to the problem(s) by a process of elimination or it can become a nightmare, so try and dealing with simple things that can stall an engine, air, fuel and ignition in that order.

I e just changed the map sensor and it’s been ok but could just be a coincidence, out of interest what's this sensor?
5D14F8AD-126A-4184-AABA-678753A4A3E9.jpeg

It’s a evap valve apparently, don’t think it’s related to my problem, p1171 seems to all link back to the map, I’m going to run it with this different map on and see how it goes

Have a look at the manual it will navigate you part of the way, just a thought, but I took apart all the engine sensors on mine and cleaned each one out with the contact cleaner including the fuses etc, they tend to oxidise or go green over time which interferes with the signals to the ECU.

Thanks, It’s the intermittent bit that’s annoying me it maybe fine for weeks then it’s will stall at every junction all of a sudden, clear codes and it’s perfect for another few weeks

I have suzuki's that run on petrol and they used to suffer the same thing stalling at juntions and then difficult to start, car is 20 years old and kept immaculate, so I have come to the conclusion it's the E10 fuel that was causing the problem, i now use a benzine additive in the fuel and I have had no problems since, so if you want to give it a try, it will clean out your fuel system and give you an increase in power and MPG. Cannot use E10 petrol without this stuff.

Back