K12 audio swap

Hi All

We have a Micra K12 04 plate. I was wondering if any of the face lift K12 have a factory audio unit that has AUX input and if so would it be an easy swap to get one of those and swap it over for the 04 audio unit. Ours doesnt have and AUX in and I am feeling a bit reluctant to change over to after market as the interior is off white so looks good if you have the same colour unit.

Thanks

TK

The Nissan Connect (official nissan satnav Cd player combo that came with the higher end Note's and Micra's) has both an Aux and iPod input, and from what I saw on my friends Note was actually such a fantastic system that I tried to get one for myself. Some of the newer CD players that are found in the later Micras and the standard Note's however also come with auxiliary in. These are both double-din units though and will need a double-din faceplate, something which I think is rarer for the cream interior models. I had a double-din unit in my K12 Sport+ and when I couldn't find a Nissan Connect system at the right price I opted for a single-din conversion and used a stereo I had from my old K11, it works brilliantly, It was fairly cheap, I have Aux in, and the only things that don't work are the steering wheel controls that I don't really miss as much as I thought I would.

The only problem with all three of the aforementioned methods is that they are all black facia units, (unless of course your choice of third party head unit isn't). Here's a picture of the two nissan ones mentioned for your viewing pleasure.

nissan_connect.jpg
133558976.jpg

Back