K12 - In car bluetooth etc

Jimbob101

Club Member (Trial)
Hi All,

It's been ages since I have been here. Done away with my K11 then went to a K10 GSX for a bit (E reg) only had 23k on the clock!!...

And recently just bought K12 160 SR woohoo it's amazing

I have been skimming over how to install a new headunit in the K12 and noticed the blaupunkt connectors.

Has anyone got any recomendations on getting a headunit that will work with my iphone (either wirelessly or a discrete cable) - for music playback, and or with the actual phone (bluetooth) as well?

I havent been upto speed with the new headunits that intergrate with your mobile.

Any info + links would be great!!!

Jimbob

A little bit old thread :)
But I have information and want to share it.
I was looking for an MP3 player for the factory fitted Blaupunkt CD Player in my wife's Micra K12.
I read that this Blaupunkt USB / Bluetooth Interface http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7607545500_main.asp
is working with factory fitted Blaupunkt players in Alfa 147/156/GT despite Blaupunkt's assurance that it is working only with their aftermarket CD Players.
So I tested it and it worked :)

It works like a dream with my Nokia 5800. I haven't tested the Bluetooth Audio streaming yet, but it should work.

MP3 playback is working perfectly. Even with VBR mp3's.
Here is where I placed the blue PTT button for answering/ending calls and for some other features as well:
PICT0006.jpg

You can see the USB flash memory that is under the steering wheel.
And here is where I placed the Microphone:
PICT0004.jpg

Cheers.

Hi,

I bought the same Bluetooth kit for my 160 SR but found that this is not compatiable with the 6 disc changer stereo that is standard in my k12. There were no pins in the back for the blue terminal to plug into. Any suggestions????

I was looking for an MP3 player for the factory fitted Blaupunkt CD Player in my wife's Micra K12.
I read that this Blaupunkt USB / Bluetooth Interface http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7607545500_main.asp
is working with factory fitted Blaupunkt players in Alfa 147/156/GT despite Blaupunkt's assurance that it is working only with their aftermarket CD Players.

It works like a dream with my Nokia 5800. I haven't tested the Bluetooth Audio streaming yet, but it should work.

Here is where I placed the blue PTT button for answering/ending calls and for some other features as well:
PICT0006.jpg

You can see the USB flash memory that is under the steering wheel.
And here is where I placed the Microphone:
PICT0004.jpg

Cheers.

I've got the exact same setup since today. Works like a charm, thank you for the idea!

Two questions:

1.) Do you have the steering wheel controls working, and how?
2.) How do you order you MP3's on the USB?

Cheers,

Mark

I have the 6 cd changer and fitted a bog standard parrot bluetooth kit and all is good.

Sounds good, the nice thing about the Blaupunkt adapter is that it allows you to use the standard radio (incl. steeringwheel controls and the boardcomputer) with USB and Bluetooth. Its really good!

Here is where I placed the blue PTT button for answering/ending calls and for some other features as well
Cheers.
Hello, i am trying to add an aux input to the original blaupunkt radio...
i assume you used the blue cd changer harness to connect your bluetooth kit. how do you choose this as a source? are there any new options added when you press the source button?

Last edited:
Back