K12 1.6 2006 Essenza C+C passenger seat storage help

HELP! cannot for the life of me remember how to unlock the front passenger seat to access the storage. My service books are in there but cant seem to get to them now. Tried unlocking with the fob when roof up and down but it stays locked and i cannot open it with pulling on the nylon tab. could the locking mechanism be jammed or is there some sort of master reset switch or master unlock switch i forgot about? is there a manual way to unlock it by sort of dismantaling it? last time i opened must be about a year ago.

regards
matt

IIRC, there is no 'lock' or mechanism, it's literally an interference fit.

Hi, sorry for my ignorance what is an interfearence fit? thought the C+C models have a lock mechanism on the underseat storage for when the roof is down? i could be wrong so dont flame me. i had a micra SE model before and that didnt have any lock mechanism.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Interesting point but would the wind from the C+C be enough to suck the seat open and dump your stuff on the road behind you :confused: ? Welcome by the way :).

Funny but no i didn't mean wind:eek:, i think it was more for theft purposes when the roof was down and car stationary. still a nice car to drive though.

I think it auto locks when the car is in anti-hijack mode, A woman i used to work with had one...she let me have a look....once :p

Hold down both your fob buttons (at the same time) for a few seconds..the lights should flash signalling the change in mode (from anti-hijack to "convenience")
Hopefully...it should let you open it up?....

if not...then....I'm stumped...fuse?...

thanks will try that and let you all know results,hope it works otherwise trip to Nissan dealers.;)

No joy when i press both buttons the indicators dont flash? seat still locked do any C+C owners have this problem as well ?

regards
matt

I found something on another forum. It might help you. "Hi again...I 'fixed' it lol... I tucked the pull cord way down behind the
seat and it had jammed itself in the central locking mechanism! Took
the plastic bit off the back of the chair and released it!"

hi, is this the hard plastic bit at the bottom rear of the seat? 3 screw removal and thats it?

cheers
matt

Can any body help, nissan micra c + c, ABS/ESP pump. Can't for the life of me find the part with the numbers matching. Any ideas of any that have superseded it or replaced it. Numbers on the pump are 0 265 234 283 and ecu 0265 950 439. Any help would be much appreciated regards

Hi. There is a lock! Mine locks a lot and I don't know how but I've opened it a few times by trying various buttons and moving the seat. Can never remember which thing worked though so end up going through the whole process each time! Hope you've found it. Ignore all comments below as it definitely has a lock mechanism!!

HELP! cannot for the life of me remember how to unlock the front passenger seat to access the storage. My service books are in there but cant seem to get to them now. Tried unlocking with the fob when roof up and down but it stays locked and i cannot open it with pulling on the nylon tab. could the locking mechanism be jammed or is there some sort of master reset switch or master unlock switch i forgot about? is there a manual way to unlock it by sort of dismantaling it? last time i opened must be about a year ago.

regards
matt

Back