Hello and Passenger Seat Storage Question

Hello ;) I am the (super) proud new owner of a 2003 'Shamrock' Micra 1.2 S.

Today I have been sitting in and getting used to all the features and going through the manual like the geek I am. However I cannot find how you get into the front passenger seat storage. Is this in all versions of the car? I can't find a cord or anything to prise it open with.

Just want to check it is in fact there, so I don't drive myself mad trying to find it!

Thanks, D xx

You should be able to feel the box, if you have it, easily enough under the seat..it's hard plastic and squared off. it hangs from a frame under the cushion...
if you need them I can get pictures from mine (sport+) :D

which "grade" of micra do you have?...ETA: S? :( ...the lower spec models don't tend to have it :(

when I was researching to buy mine I looked at an "E" and an "S" that didn't have the storage box and the others ("SX", "SVE", "Sport+") did...
I think it is standard on the "SE" and up ;)
...I'm not sure about the newer (facelift names) models ...URBIS, VISIA, INITIA, SPIRITA etc....might not have the box either, being the lower specs... :oops:

if you have it there is a little strap sticking out from the rear, base of the seat (at the crease, where the back hits the seat base)
it is possible for the strap to get stuck underneath the back rest of the seat (ie: you won't be able to see it)
just reach your hand between the cushion...tilting the back of the seat forward or back may make it easier to locate :p

ETA2: welcome to the site by the way LOL

Thanks Jen, that is super helpful of you. It is an S so it may not be there but I'll have a little peruse tonight.

Hope you are enjoying the sun!
D xx

Back