K11 Throttle Body

Frank - i know its not what K11 owners normally replace their TB for, but I think my mechanic wants to replace it to avoid having to test for which sensor is broken.

£600+ from Nissan :eek:

This is correct. I've had my car idle with TB plugs disconnected. It runs ok. It stalls when you press the accelerator (too much air to fuel ratio)

I very much doubt how a TB will solve your problem.

the haynes explains how to test the sensors, to me it sounds as though your mechanic doesnt really know the problem. The TB only houses the Throttle Position Sensor, Mass Air Flow sensor and the butterfly bypass thingy.

None of these will stop your car from idling, maf does in extreme causes but it will still idle, just badly.

Check the fuses and the fusebox for any corrosion!

Alienfish knows his throttle bodies!! He has taken apart and rebuilt a few of them. Trust his expertise on the TBs.

ok i will but not as easy done as it is said. Its at the garage as i had to have it towed to somewhere thought that was best place, and making an appointment to just check out the fusebox would be embarrasing/weird. I will tho if u guys all reckon so.

What was ur most unique mod?

check for corroded fuse box, The butterfly bypass is the auxillary air control valve, now my brain is working again lol.

The common throttle body issue causes more running not a non runner.

I'm 95% certain it will be the fuse box. Take a multimeter if you can, and check for continuity and short circuits. then check for any damage and corrosion to the box and connectors. Take your time with it.

sounds like if it is the fuse box then it could be a cheaper fix than anticipated, so obviously i'm all ears open (and I dont know anything about cars)

The butterfly bypass is the auxillary air control valve, now my brain is working again lol.

whats that mean sorry? got any diagrams or anything that could help me look at that?

Back