K11 Maintance

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
I was thing it could be useful to have a thread that told everyone about maintance that should be performed on a K11. As alot of us work on our car we have found bits that are more specfic to the K11 and that need to be done. Here's mine:

Oil change every 3000 miles

Lubricate the bolts that connect the wishbone to the main body, Stops a very annoying creking sound that sound like a big problem

When to change breaks (when they squeek)
When to change wipers (when they dont wipe away the rain)
When to change your tyres (when the tread is low)
When to put petrol in your car (when the petrol gauge says its low)
When to change cd (when you get bored)

*Grins*

Please keep rubbish to minimum Dusk, there is no need for a pointless post like that

everyone has different opinions on oil chenges,what fluids to use ect so it will be hard to say wen and wot is best :)

i changed mine every 4500k

Not sure if many people keep an eye on the fuse boxes under the bonnet. But I'd seriously recommend checking them every month or so, especially taking bottom and top of casing and checking all wires and terminals. As I had a minor electrical fire yesterday. Although all sorted now, still need a new fuse box. But This would have been avoided by checking the fuse box condition regularly.

yeh this will be a good thread for basic maintenace stuff...

i know people do it all diferently, but i tend to do most basic servicng at the same time and slightly major stuff is one off's...

but this would be helpful as a checlist when maintaing me car...
good idea JayZ

J Oil change every 3000 miles [/QUOTE said:
Are you the type of person who gets the digital tire pressure gauge out everytime you step into the car?

I change my oil every 8 thousand.. or whenever it goes black..

I never have it off the limiter and always let it warm up before use..

Ive done 25k since xmas with no probs..

big fearnz said:
Are you the type of person who gets the digital tire pressure gauge out everytime you step into the car?

I change my oil every 8 thousand.. or whenever it goes black..

I never have it off the limiter and always let it warm up before use..

Ive done 25k since xmas with no probs..

dont worry youl have problems soon enuff,,these engines LOVE clean oil,,

why do u hit the limiter?? no need,,,lern to drive your car

NIssan reccomend 9,000, I do 4,500 or every six months.
Also change park plugs every year (or about 12,000), coolant every two years, also it is worth checking the headllight plugs for corossion as this can lead to blown fuses anda fault that you can't find. Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years as well I have read and anything else changed if it breaks :D

Back