k11 lowering spring compatability

CMF_Asmoth

» CMF Member
Hi. Can anoyone tell me if there was any change to the suspension on the k11 from 92> 02 because i've found some springs but the seller (on ebay) says they are only to fit 92 > 98. I work at a company that sells the standard springs and on the k11 models the listings are from 92 > 02, the only difference being 3 door & 5 door.

Please help asap as my rear springs are gone and need replacing imediately, but i want to fit uprated springs. whiteline & spax and all others all list from 92 > 02 exept the ones i actually want to buy (cheapest).

Desparate.

Phil.

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
greetings sir!

let me give you an tip on how we do it here in the philippines..
most import cars here dont have replacement parts for sale here and to get import parts costs alot.. how do backyard tuners and mechanics fix import cars? simple, either fabricate the part using common items or find a replacement from other brand cars that is similar to the stock one, for example, my front springs and shocks are DEAD literally.. and i looked for micra replacement parts for more than 3 months and found none, well that time my friend got a set (4pcs) boms racing springs for his nissan sentra, but only used a pair.. got the other pair and used it on mine and just adjusted the hight, as for the shocks, got mine from a kia.. found it very effective and even better than the stock i had before... better handling.

in short.. as for your springs, as long as it has the same hight and diameter of your stock, it will fit right in..

some even put stiffer springs they got from a honda civic and it fit just right.

just giving you an idea how we do it here.. but the decision is all upto you sir! :)

aki

CMF_Pikey365

» CMF Member
127mm would be interesting to see how you would manage that? I can only think that you would like to ride on a plank. My micra has standard wheels and tyres and I was worried about lowering it with a 55mm drop from Mathew Humphries. The distance between tyre and arch is 100mm standard, you going for the no spring option?

Back