K11 Gearbox - Glasgow Area

boabsy

Buy & Sell Member
Micra was in the garage today as was diagnosed as needing a new gearbox, I disagree but they're the "experts".

So looking for a 5 speed gearbox for a 1.0 K11, 1996.

Cheers,

Rob

It selects all gears and goes into first but sometimes it jumps out of first. I've tried adjusting the clutch cable at the gearbox end but can only get it so far until it gets too difficult to tighten anymore but there does appear to be still plenty of slack in the cable

I don't know too much about this, but I'd be inclined to try a new cable first.. May be that your one's stretched.

i had a problem with my gearbox like this lol i tryed every thing appart from making sure who ever changed the clutch last bolsted it up properly i fixed the prob after the gearbox fell off lol i am sure this would not be the prob with yours but maybe worth seeing if everything is sitting right

boabsy

jumping out of gear usually means that the selector fork (inside the g/box) is worn or bent, and not engaging the cluster fully

boabsy

jumping out of gear usually means that the selector fork (inside the g/box) is worn or bent, and not engaging the cluster fully

Excuse my ignorance but is this something I could get access to easily or is it a gearbox out job?

Attachments

• PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 198
  • PICT0027.JPG
    PICT0027.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 197
and also it will save much time if u get a scrappies gearbox as there are lots of parts in a gearbox and may take some time to put back together

That second picture makes it look horrendous! Off to the scrappy tomorrow for me then, might even pick up a 1.3 engine and box instead if I'm lucky.

Thanks for all your help & info guys!

Back