K11 Fuel Pump

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Wondering if anyone could tell me where on the k11 i could find the fuel pump, Any pics would also be very very helpful.

Thanks Paul

its in the tank, access can be gained by removing the rear seat base and unscrewing the access panel in the floor and removing the round cap.

disconnect all electrics before you remove, the last thing you want is any kind of electrical spark or any other source of ignition near the open fuel tank lol

or the standard micra one is good for at least 150 bhp, it's the same one as the P11 GT (150bhp model). a turbo 1.0 can't be near that surely?

Wicked i have a skyline r33 gtst fuel pump so the pump is in the tank or under the car ? Should fit with a bit of abuse.ha

Thanks for all the help

Wicked i have a skyline r33 gtst fuel pump so the pump is in the tank or under the car ? Should fit with a bit of abuse.ha

Thanks for all the help

surely this wouldn't make any difference to preformance, would it? as the standard pump can easily cope with the demand on a 1.0 turbo. the fuel pressure will be the same as it's govened by the fuel pressure regulator.

The standard fuel pump could probably cope with 150bhp but the early k11's had issues with the fuel pumps causing lots to need replacing and when i'm driving i think mine is struggling so i figured to be on the safe side whilst i have the skyline one knocking about i'll fit it anyway. So hopefully will give me smoother or similar up take and should easily be able to cope with above and beyond 150bhp.

However this fuel pump fitting has got me stumped please help with an idiots step by step guide to fitting if any one can.

(sorry for some reason seem to be having one of those weeks)

disconnect the battery,remove the rear seat base, remove the 3 screws in the plate on the floor, disconnect the wiring connectors and the fuel lines, unscrew the round cover on the top of the tank, it is tight so will need 'persuading', i used a screwdriver on the raised bits on the black ring and tapped it 'till it was loose enough to turn by hand, lift off the cover, but watch out for the wiring connectors and hose connectors underneath, undo them, put the cover to one side and pull the clip to release the sender unit from the fuel pump bracket in the tank and take out the sender, put your hand in the tank again and release the clips on the pump housing and the pump will lift out through the hole, replacement of the pump and sender is the reverse of removal, it's recommended to replace the sealing ring on the cover if it's disturbed, I didn't though and it seems ok, oh and its best to do all this with an empty tank if you can and not a full one like mine had when the pump packed up. I hope that covers everything Paul. :)

Back