K11 Dash & Headlights Problem.

F

firey1

Hi all,
The dash & headlights on the dim setting don't work. I have looked at the fuse panel and the fuse that says turn light has blown. I have replaced this fuse but it keeps blowing when I turn the head lights on. Anyone had this problem?

check the conections at the back of the headlights
as they are a common problem
you can get replacement plugs from your local motor factors

Thanks for the reply,
The headlights work but the smaller 12v bulbs dont work. I checked them yesterday and they had both blown, I replaced them both but the fuse still blows when I turn them on.

Thanks for those who replied with some useful info.
I have now sorted the problem, although it wasn't related to any of the above info.

Note to Admin- maybe you could start a home fix section to avoid threads going way off topic.

The problem was an incorrectly wired cd player. Leaving the lead marked as "earth" off cured the problem. The stereo worked fine with this lead connected but as previously mentioned it blew the fuse associated with the dash board lights and dim lights fwn .

Right here!

Layla said:
xenon's for a k11? where and how much?

If you want to know where to purchase a particular item for your car then start a new thread.
Please read the original question and try to stay on topic as this helps facilitate the searching process when someone else has a similar problem.

Hope this helps answer your question although now I'm going way way off topic.:rolleyes:

Back