K11 coilovers

Hello Guys,

I am looking for a spare set coilovers fitting K11..
Some have some?

Kind regards
Made to fit are rare and very expensive, and ideally need strengthening done to rear shock mounts. Search for 'Official MSC K11 lowering guide', will give you some cheaper options.

Just but corsa b and polo 6n coilovers,
B's for the front and 6n's on rear then there is no strengthening needed iirc

You can JUST get away with no strengthening on the rear for rear coiloverd, assuming no corrosion whatsoever around the shock mount points. I'd recomend keeping the seperate shocks and springs and doi g corsa shocks and cut springs, but bristol roads are pretty brutal as Scott.C will confirm!. You'll needy an adjustable panhard rod whatever you do.

I imagine it would be bracing welded in, but matt humphries will be able to tell you, he does the strengthening to all cars he preps with coilies on rear fron what I've heard

I just want one straight fit.. No crappy Polo coilovers..

I've got a new BC racing coilover kit for my track K11 cause thats good..
I am not a person for cheap fixes, a want things straight right..

So if someone have something made for K11, let me know

Quick way to a broken back

Suzie the Super S

not necessarily.
depends on how well it's setup to suit that vehicles mass, within the occupants acceptable ride comfort for a specific driving application.
these coilovers have alot of parameters to set and other optional spring rates to suit a need compared to other fixed solutions, just have to configure em correctly.

not necessarily.
depends on how well it's setup to suit that vehicles mass, within the occupants acceptable ride comfort for a specific driving application.
these coilovers have alot of parameters to set and other optional spring rates to suit a need compared to other fixed solutions, just have to configure em correctly.

Very true, but 9 times out of 10 people never really bother, which is a shame after all the development that goes into making them...

Suzie the Super S

Polly you can change the stiffness without sacrificing ride height??

the ride comfort experienced by the occupants under various conditions and the visual desire of low wheel/arch gap is affected by many parameters including spring rates, various fast/slow damper bump/rebound, bump/droop travel, bump stops, ride height, terrain, etc etc which is all very complicated science in itself

brief answer, you can alter many things of the coilover to get closer to the requirements but suspension setup is always a compromise

Very true, but 9 times out of 10 people never really bother, which is a shame after all the development that goes into making them...

Suzie the Super S

exactly.
the full body coilovers are designed to provide users full control over various major suspension parameters to "fine tune/balance" it with the car and get closer to their target goal.

just like with any tool, they can be detrimental or even dangerous if the person doesn't know how to setup and utilise its full potential properly.

exactly.
the full body coilovers are designed to provide users full control over various major suspension parameters to "fine tune/balance" it with the car and get closer to their target goal.

just like with any tool, they can be detrimental or even dangerous if the person doesn't know how to setup and utilise its full potential properly.
That's me out the picture then boys don't have the first inclin about coilovers :(

Depending what set you get they can have:
Damping rates (both bump and rebound)
Spring rates
Camber adjustment
Caster adjustment
Static chassis height

These can affect many things :)
Like centre of gravity balance, corner weighting, acceleration 'buck' and braking 'dive', body roll, weight transfer etcetc can go on :p hence why Paul said they can be dangerous if you dont know what your doing

Depending what set you get they can have:
Damping rates (both bump and rebound)
Spring rates
Camber adjustment
Caster adjustment
Static chassis height

These can affect many things :)
Like centre of gravity balance, corner weighting, acceleration 'buck' and braking 'dive', body roll, weight transfer etcetc can go on :p hence why Paul said they can be dangerous if you dont know what your doing

That's why cheap ones if you go mega low, the damping goes out the window because of how compressed the spring is when you lower it...

Suzie the Super S

That's why cheap ones if you go mega low, the damping goes out the window because of how compressed the spring is when you lower it...

Suzie the Super S
The damping should be ok as they are designed to go that low :) that's all in the shock design.
People remove the helper springs to go lower which leaves the main spring to do all the work. Over-compressing the main spring. In turn making it excessively stiff and skittish. I think that's what you mean?

You can JUST get away with no strengthening on the rear for rear coiloverd, assuming no corrosion whatsoever around the shock mount points. I'd recomend keeping the seperate shocks and springs and doi g corsa shocks and cut springs, but bristol roads are pretty brutal as Scott.C will confirm!. You'll needy an adjustable panhard rod whatever you do.

Them bristol roads very brutal!!

The damping should be ok as they are designed to go that low :) that's all in the shock design.
People remove the helper springs to go lower which leaves the main spring to do all the work. Over-compressing the main spring. In turn making it excessively stiff and skittish. I think that's what you mean?

Yeah that is what I mean lol

Suzie the Super S

Back