k11 - back shelf

P

Panjabi

Was thinking of getting that parcel shelf with the speakers ready fit from Nissan dealer. Some of the SE models have it I think? Or is it an option. Anyway before I spend my hard earned do u guys reckon the speakers on it are any good? Or should I put some light speakers on my existing shelf? Any suggestions much appreciated. I think 6X9s will be too heavy so how about small size infinity's? cheers

Loads of models had them. Never buy any thing like that from Nissan! they will take all your money! Dude dont bother, standard speakers are ok to crap, probably absolutey useless for what your intending to use it for, 6x9's all the way for me personally

don't use the standard shelf!

make one out of MDF or it will just bounce around and sound crap :)

and i think SLX had the factory speakers

i made one out of mdf..i will post up a picture of it later..does sound very bassy in the back, even with just the 6x9's, i have got front speakers as well though..

cheers - thinking of reinforcing the existing 1 but might end up making 1. yep id like to see the pic of ur 1. can u actually lift it? or is it resting there? i have a fear that those rubber hooks that bring the shelf up when u open the boot, will snap.

my MDF shelf has 2 6X9s and a sub and it's fine just the boot opens alittle slower because of the wieght.

I fitted my 6x9s to standard shelf and reinforced it with some scrap wood, seems okay.... Not to bothered about perfect sound quality because I spent money on decent front speakers as it's only a little car

spend the money on upgrading the front speakers if not already done or an amped sub in the boot. Unless your back window is jet black, they attract unwanted attention + they arent despratly needed coz the k11 is so small anyway- just my opinion

Panjabi said:
cheers - thinking of reinforcing the existing 1 but might end up making 1. yep id like to see the pic of ur 1. can u actually lift it? or is it resting there? i have a fear that those rubber hooks that bring the shelf up when u open the boot, will snap.

mine is just resting their at the moment, i do really need to screw it down or something, would be very easy to steal.

Big_ben said:
spend the money on upgrading the front speakers if not already done or an amped sub in the boot. Unless your back window is jet black, they attract unwanted attention + they arent despratly needed coz the k11 is so small anyway- just my opinion

i have a blanket to cover mine up, my area is very bad for breakages and stuff like that and *touch wood* i havent had anything go wrong yet..getting the back window tinted is definatly an option though, or if you could you could sort out a stelth shelf.

Back