Making a stealth shelf... help needed...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Any tips or advice appreciated!

K11 with high brake light.

Dont want to fix shelf in place but want it to lift with the boot. So how do I go about this? Do I remove the plastic points of the ends of my existing parcel shelf? So that the shelf can pivot normally?

Noow need!

I had a look and unless you have wood workshop, forget about it mate!
If you are brave you could use fiberglass, If you not concerned with stealf and have a k11, wack some holes into the shelf and strenthing up the underside.
Believe it or not the parcel shelf is quite strong and wont flex that much.

A word of advice, mount the 6x9 as far away from each other a poss help weight distrbution.

Have a search around, im sure this has been asked before. Also, im sure you can buy stealth shelfs for the k11 if you didnt have much luck with making your own

I have made one, well my dad made it!! lol unfortunatly i dont have any pics to show you though.

Mine dosent lift up when the boot goes up but was easy enough to make and dad just put some black carpet on it aswel..

Ive dropped the idea but had an offer to make a two part one... with a hinges in the middle so only the front of the shelf was lifted with the boot... anyhow my new plan... is in my boot install thread...

Back