K11 auto gear knob replacement

Hey, I bought an auto k11 yesterday n I can't stand the gear stick it's a total eyesore. How easy is it to change and can anyone recommend a knob that would fit the k11? I'm new to cars and don't know where to start tbh hence why I'm here . Any suggestions? Thanks.

Well done on getting a K11 & an auto ;)
I can't offer any suggestions as to replacing the lever but as a fellow auto owner I quite agree it really is horrid looking. Quite why it had to be 2 feet tall is also beyond me !
One of the few annoyances though on a great little car - trust me you'll soon love the car that much you won't care, K11's are like that :D

Thanks for replying. I can't imagine why someone designed it thinking it was acceptable to have a hobbit sized shifter but there ya go haha. It's getting work done to it on wed ready for its MOT but I feel like I will love her a little more if she's more to my style. I bought rims and seat covers today. Never realised there was a big hole in the seat when I bought it because they had on a manky seat cover.
It's such an easy car to drive but the way it is just now I feel like I'm away to pick up my pension every time I'm out lol.

Any suggestions on what I could do with the interior to make it a bit smarter? Also, the body paint is scuffed in places and I've no idea where to get paint?

Hello R. I have an auto as well, but - I am a pensioner ...lol.
You will move on from the Micra....but you will never forget her, these are the easiest, cheapest little run around's you will ever own.....as long as you service her regularly.
Try to polish the scuffs out first, try a colour coded wax, usually pretty good.
You can style the inside to anything you like, the door cards are very easy to remove, then cover them with what you like, just go onto the search bar for what you want.
I actually like the gear lever (!) takes all sorts I s'pose.....enjoy your car, and keep her for a long time, it's a better car than all your mates will have, they will laugh - but you will be laughing the longest.
Happy motoring, and drive safe.
PS ....I don't think you can change the lever....you could paint it though as a thought.
And welcome to the forum:D

Hello R. I have an auto as well, but - I am a pensioner ...lol.
You will move on from the Micra....but you will never forget her, these are the easiest, cheapest little run around's you will ever own.....as long as you service her regularly.
Try to polish the scuffs out first, try a colour coded wax, usually pretty good.
You can style the inside to anything you like, the door cards are very easy to remove, then cover them with what you like, just go onto the search bar for what you want.
I actually like the gear lever (!) takes all sorts I s'pose.....enjoy your car, and keep her for a long time, it's a better car than all your mates will have, they will laugh - but you will be laughing the longest.
Happy motoring, and drive safe.
PS ....I don't think you can change the lever....you could paint it though as a thought.
And welcome to the forum:D

Hi Davy :) it's definitely a cracking little car judging by its mot it's very reliable, has passed every year since its been registered bar one. I also filled her up on Saturday night done 2 45 minute trips in her on Sunday plus the 30 mins or so after I topped her up and she still has a virtually full tank. Feel like she's going to be very affordable to run. Thanks I'll have a look and see if I'd manage the doors and will also try the colour coded wax. I'm going to have her looking pretty by the time I'm done lol. Thanks for your reply. :)

Hi Davy :) it's definitely a cracking little car judging by its mot it's very reliable, has passed every year since its been registered bar one. I also filled her up on Saturday night done 2 45 minute trips in her on Sunday plus the 30 mins or so after I topped her up and she still has a virtually full tank. Feel like she's going to be very affordable to run. Thanks I'll have a look and see if I'd manage the doors and will also try the colour coded wax. I'm going to have her looking pretty by the time I'm done lol. Thanks for your reply. :)
Flower stickers and all I 'spect ....lol
And yes Rl, from full the needle will hardly move for over 60 odd miles :)
Put some pictures up of her....we like pictures.

Flower stickers and all I 'spect ....lol
And yes Rl, from full the needle will hardly move for over 60 odd miles :)
Put some pictures up of her....we like pictures.

Haha more likely to be ninja stickers if my kids have their way. Seat covers steering wheel and mats are going red and black along with the wheel rims, on my daughters request because she likes "the red ninja". I'll take some pics of her tonight before I start working on her, she's getting ready for her MOT tonight so I'll get some pics once that's done then update with the progress as I go lol.

Got a red leather Micra steering wheel here for sale...any good (?) PM me....I'll be home later tonight.
Is your car red (?)

Got a red leather Micra steering wheel here for sale...any good (?) PM me....I'll be home later tonight.
Is your car red (?)

No it's silver, it's just the colours my daughter wanted so I bought them lol. I'll let you know how it looks when I put in the stuff I've ordered and whether I like it or not first lol. How much you looking for it? It just got new shockers and track rod end tonight and the car has like lifted is that normal? I thought he'd accidentally left it jacked Discovered it needs its cv boot replaced and the Auxilliary cable as well, plus the new door hinge then hopefully that's it MOT ready

Yup that's normal when new shocks are fitted, it's not a lot, but you notice it.
Red and silver....no way.....steering wheel would not look right in that combo.

Back