k11 ally rear speakers

ive notice these dont have rear speakers at all =\

is there a guide on how to wire up extra rear speakers?
will there be wires there already and i just have to extend them round?
will i have to splice wires in or buy a wire harness that provides extra wires for rear speakers?

thanks in advance guys.

On most K11s, there's normally a plug for the standard parcel shelf speakers you get in the SR - it's normally on the right hand side, clipped in just behind the top of the suspension. Presumably, you can cut the plug out and wire them up to it. Not sure how to do it from the head unit, I used an amp when I had my Vibes

Yeah. But I'm not 100% sure if you can wire up aftermarket 6x9s to the same wires. Presumably there's no reason why you can't, and I imagine lots of people on here will say you can. Just worth asking around, and finding out which wires are which (Y)

yeah should be able to use the exsiting wires as long as theyre actually there lol. aftermarket 6x9s dont need extra power or anything, i used them on my civic with its existing wires and it worked fine.

The four pin plug should be in the boot on the righthand side, under the carpet on the side, you can either get a parcel shelf with original rear speakers that plug straight in, or fit your own speakers to your shelf and run the wires to the existing ones as i have done, all works spot on (Y)

I find that the standard parcel shelf speakers you get in the SR are brilliant, they don't crackle/distort unless you play your music at stupid volumes :grinning:. It's just very handy having the plug already there, along with the plugs for some A-pillar tweeters (which I've also fitted, after getting them out of my mates SR, along with the parcel shelf :laugh: (Y))

You don't need rear speakers for awesome audio though...
Some nice front tweeters and mids and a thumping sub in the boot sounds awesome!

You don't need rear speakers for awesome audio though...
Some nice front tweeters and mids and a thumping sub in the boot sounds awesome!

Hence why I'm putting my 1000 watt sub back in, and running my 400 watt door speakers to my amp in the boot, but keeping the tweeters and parcel shelf 6x9s (Y)

cheers for the advice, think itll be a diy job and a poor one at that lol.

itll be cheaper to buy 2 6x9s than to have two high quality door speakers would it not?

itll be cheaper to buy 2 6x9s than to have two high quality door speakers would it not?

Yeah, just get either some cheapish 6x9s (I recommend either Vibe 420 watt 6x9s for about £60 from Halfords), or a parcel shelf from an SR like mine with the built in 6x9s. As for door speakers, anything above 200 watts, as long as your head unit has the correct power output. I recently changed mine for some Alpines, 300 watts each. I've also got the standard SR tweeters and parcel shelf speakers (might change them to some 500 watt ones when I get some money), and must say it's a decent sounding setup. Want my sub back in though, and some speakers in the rear passenger cards (Y) :grinning:

Back